Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I wouldn't take any money for him. First off, nobody is going to pay us 150m+ anyway as nobody can afford that today. Secondly, it's stupid. 

Plenty of teams who can afford it. It's called creative accounting.

15 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Don’t think he will go this summer but the pressure is on to get champions league this season 

Yep. That was my point previously, we can get away with one blip season, but next season we have to be gunning for CL from the get go, and for that we'll need a squad which can hold up to the rigours that brings.

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yep. That was my point previously, we can get away with one blip season, but next season we have to be gunning for CL from the get go, and for that we'll need a squad which can hold up to the rigours that brings.

Aye.  Same applies for Bruno, Gordon, Tonali, Botman and probably Joelinton.

If we don't make champions league next season i suspect howe could be replaced and a squad rebuild will take place through bruno and isak sales (and others) to the liking of new coach. Could be wrong but feels like this season needs to deliver after being given a free pass for last season.

Edited by Tiresias

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

If Isak is keen for the move, can see us accepting £100-120m. Howe won't want a player who wants away in the squad.

This is the only way it happens. “If” his head gets turned towards London and a massive salary and he wants to go then we will have no choice but to sell him. It doesn’t seem like that’s the case so far and I’d hazard a guess that he knows there’s possibly bigger teams that will come in for him in the future anyway if he was to go. He seems happy where he is right now tho.

“I’m really happy at Newcastle. I love everything about it; the club, the fans and the city. My future is not something I will speculate on. I have no thoughts on leaving. There has been no talk about it at the club and I have received no information that the club would have to sell me.”

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

“I’m really happy at Newcastle. I love everything about it; the club, the fans and the city. My future is not something I will speculate on. I have no thoughts on leaving. There has been no talk about it at the club and I have received no information that the club would have to sell me.”

Sounds like a man who can't wait to get to London

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Every player, other than maybe peak-Messi at Barca, has a price. Ludicrous to think otherwise.

However, as things currently stand, I’m not sure there’s many, if any, clubs in world football that could/would pay Isak’s price. Certainly not Chelsea anyway.

Ha ha. Chelsea don't give a fuck about FFP. Sell some hotels to themselves and boom there's the Isak money.

But we'll tell them to do one regardless of if they make a bid.

Chelsea are sending out scattergun enquiries everywhere atm. They were recently quoted exorbitant fees for Williams amongst others and have decided not to pursue them as they’re unattainable for them. Isak will be the same.

We’ve already told them he’s not for sale (to them or anyone else). Even for Chelsea, they’d have to destroy themselves financially to do it. If they offered us £180m then fine but as far as i’m concerned, they’ve asked, they’ve been told to fuck off, he signs his new contract, and we see him

bagging v Southampton at SJP in August. 

50 minutes ago, Slim said:

All great to hear. Doesn’t guarantee anything if/when you have a choice to make. It would be hard to accept—losing a player of his quality who may get even better.
We will lose someone we don’t want to sooner or later. Hope it is later or it leads to rapid construction of a team who finish above whoever buys them.