Alexander Isak

Disco

24 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Ok before I start...Isaks awesome, and undeniably one of the best we've ever had. No disputing it...

Has he ever scored a goal from massive distance like Robert or Shearer did?

He's done some amazing ones but don't recall any that were just from pure power rather than trickery and intelligence.

Just a question before anyone jumps on that horse in the sky?

I’ve been thinking about these kind of goals a lot recently, actually. And I think that the game is just different now. You don’t see many goals from outside the box anymore because they’re low % chance shots and I imagine they’re getting coached out in favor of higher % shots/positions/etc. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I’ve been thinking about these kind of goals a lot recently, actually. And I think that the game is just different now. You don’t see many goals from outside the box anymore because they’re low % chance shots and I imagine they’re getting coached out in favor of higher % shots/positions/etc. 

It is different, but it's taken a big chunk of enjoyment out and definitely shrunk the "wow" feeling when you know someone's going to shoot, they do, and the net nearly rips off. 

Stick in to YouTube Shearer vs Everton or Robert vs Spurs....3 of the best goals ever

On 18/08/2024 at 21:24, nemtizz said:

Brereton Diaz really wasn't one of those cunty players who got off on being booed. He wilted under the pressure. Not cut out for this level either ability wise or mentality wise.

One of the best strikers in the world and we have him chasing scraps for the most part of a game yet again - The way he drops down as a CAM/RW reminds me of prime Kane trying to do something in a scuffed Southgate England team.

3 hours ago, Menace said:

I feel bad for him at times, he looks very frustrated with some of the players he's surrounded around

If only Longstaff wasn’t injured, we’d be laughing 

19 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The whole team needs to be built around him

Unnderstand your point - but what happens when you build a team around a player who suddenly gets injured?