Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

There are generally about 2-3 strikers in world football at any given time that are actually consistent and do not go through random patches of poor finishing. Osimhen is probably my favourite player around these days and once every five matches or so, he looks like Michail Antonio on a bad day.. Lautaro Martinez, Harry Kane, even Lewandowski all have games like this regularly. Isak is at the same level of the players I named, imo, but scoring goals is difficult. 

Once again, the failure is recruitment. Calum Wilson should have been shipped to Saudi or a lower team in the table that can take the risk with his constant absences due to his quality. This Osula boy, they could have loaned him to a Championship side or somewhere in Europe if he needed to season first. Isak has played 90 minutes in most of the matches he's started this season; even the best forwards usually sit after 75 or so if things are not working. We simply cannot afford to. 

Agree. People can have a dig at him for not performing at CL level, but if he is sold, a CL club will come in for him.

Just now, Erikse said:

Need to watch the clip rather, still image is often misleading.

Yeah, he fucked it up but it wasn't like anyone was actually stationary. :lol:

You can see from the replay that he doesn't pick his head up once; very poor really.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Need to watch the clip rather, still image is often misleading.

Yeah he did well to actually take the keeper out of it with some great close control, just felt like he ran out os space and time in the end. Not sure anyone else even makes that into a chance tbh.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, he fucked it up but it wasn't like anyone was actually stationary. :lol:

You can see from the replay that he doesn't pick his head up once; very poor really.

I think he has a habit of not looking up often enough. As if he just assumes that he's on his own. Have seen it before. Maybe a bit of tunnel vision that some strikers can have.

Edited by Erikse

Losing the ball on the halfway line too much not giving us a chance to get out and build anything. Probably the overall biggest disappointment this season. Needs to up his game.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Losing the ball on the halfway line too much not giving us a chance to get out and build anything. Probably the overall biggest disappointment this season. Needs to up his game.

I think he's just desperate to get involved as we rarely seem to get the ball anywhere near him when clearing from the back

Desperate to play someone closer to him

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think he's just desperate to get involved as we rarely seem to get the ball anywhere near him when clearing from the back

Desperate to play someone closer to him

Im hoping the solution is HB at LW… Isak central and somehow have AG close to him on RW and interchanging. Isak can be deadly up against a full back at RW for cut backs etc.  Closest we’ve seen this was Spurs at home last season.

I'm fuming at him for today, basically cost us the points with the shit touch for their winner and the ludicrous indecision on that massive chance second half.

He's horribly out of form, I know he scored and I hoped that would give him a confidence boost but he was chronically shit after that for the rest of the day, again.

Lack of competition and options is definitely costing us. Every other side we're competing with around us has a genuine option to bring on - Jesus, Duran, Richarlison, Evan Ferguson, Nkunku... and we have a kid without a league goal who we barely trust with a stoppage time cameo. It's scandalous that they've allowed us to go into a season so short handed tbh.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I'm fuming at him for today, basically cost us the points with the shit touch for their winner and the ludicrous indecision on that massive chance second half.

He's horribly out of form, I know he scored and I hoped that would give him a confidence boost but he was chronically shit after that for the rest of the day, again.

Lack of competition and options is definitely costing us. Every other side we're competing with around us has a genuine option to bring on - Jesus, Duran, Richarlison, Evan Ferguson, Nkunku... and we have a kid without a league goal who we barely trust with a stoppage time cameo. It's scandalous that they've allowed us to go into a season so short handed tbh.

He also looks completely fed up, he’s wasted in our side (Tonali following the same pattern).

Completely lost his confidence / killer instinct. Same goes for alot of our other players. Something isnt right at the club, because many of them are playing alot better away in international games.

Used to be certain he would score when he got a good chance, now im just waiting to see how he fucks up.

bit depressing reading his numbers this season :lol: 

Prem 23/24: 0.84 goals p/90 from 0.81 xG p/90. Outperforming xG by 0.03 p/90. 

Prem 24/25 (so far): 0.31 goals p/90 from 0.54 xG p/90. Underperforming xG by 0.23 p/90 - joint worst in the league alongside Solanke. 

Dunno. Could be a couple of things at work here:

1. We need Wilson back as a genuine alternative to push him.

2. He's a confidence player. Iirc he had this at Sociedad where he was banging the goals in one season and then the next season he only scored a handful. 

15 hours ago, Displayname said:

Completely lost his confidence / killer instinct. Same goes for alot of our other players. Something isnt right at the club, because many of them are playing alot better away in international games.

Used to be certain he would score when he got a good chance, now im just waiting to see how he fucks up.

Doesn't look like he suffers from confidence issues at all. It's likely just a phase of missing chances, that happens to the best strikers in the world, I remember Alan Shearer going 8 games or something similar without a goal.

On the other hand if it's an attitude problem and he's looking for CL football we have a bigger problem, especially with Wilson being a waste of a squad place for two years.