Alexander Isak

Disco

59 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

The word is plasters, you know it is, and it’s pronounced plarsters up here.

Actually, band-aid is a proprietary eponym, like calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover, it is actually a name brand :milner:

We never would've had name brand plasters under Ashley.

I'm surprised that a player with that physique is able to get so much explosive power and pace into his movements. Superficially, he looks far more like a long-distance runner than a sprinter.

Our best times have come when we had a Beardsley, then a Bellamy, in that withdrawn, roaming striker position. Despite his appearance, I can see him in that position and doing really well.

I think other supporters who are laughing at this signing are going to be laughing on the other side of the faces pretty soon.

Guest HTT II

He seems another, down to earth, articulate, calm and measured, serious type of character which we now have in abundance. I’m looking forward to what he brings and can’t wait to see him in action.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He seems another, down to earth, articulate, calm and measured, serious type of character which we now have in abundance. I’m looking forward to what he brings and can’t wait to see him in action.

Bit of a humorous twinkle in his eyes too, think he’ll be a good laugh fit in well with the team. Hope he’s really happy here; finds some interests/ways to escape the goldfish bowl of being a United player. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

18 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Bit of a humorous twinkle in his eyes too, think he’ll be a good laugh fit in well with the team. Hope he’s really happy here; finds some interests/ways to escape the goldfish bowl of being a United player. 

Swedish bloke on Total Sport said he was a fun guy in the dressing room. Raved about him.

Eddie Howe:

'He has the mix of qualities I like in a forward. He scores goals, he has pace, technical ability, dribbling ability and he's got a bit of an X-factor about him.

'The English game will suit his profile, he's a really good athlete and technically really good so he's got a whole host of things going for him and his best years are still ahead of him.   

'I can understand the fans' excitement because I'm excited about it too.'

'We don't believe Callum's injury to be serious, he'll only be out for a couple of weeks.

'I don't doubt Callum for a second. I see him and Alexander playing together. They're very different players with unique strengths.'

1 hour ago, STM said:

Couldn't really give a fuck what Shearer thinks after the way he defended Steve Bruce.

He will always be a club legend but he can keep his in-depth analysis for Linekar and Wrighty.

‘But I don’t want Guitar lessons!!’ 

Just now, KaKa said:

Eddie Howe:

'He has the mix of qualities I like in a forward. He scores goals, he has pace, technical ability, dribbling ability and he's got a bit of an X-factor about him.

'The English game will suit his profile, he's a really good athlete and technically really good so he's got a whole host of things going for him and his best years are still ahead of him.   

'I can understand the fans' excitement because I'm excited about it too.'

'We don't believe Callum's injury to be serious, he'll only be out for a couple of weeks.

'I don't doubt Callum for a second. I see him and Alexander playing together. They're very different players with unique strengths.'

I was just going to ask where people saw him play, leading the line, just behind in Wilocks position or in from the right?

Rumours I've seen is that he starts tomorrow, not sure on how true that is with Howe's track record of bleeding players into the side. I can see him playing off Wood.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Yeah saw a few reporting howe does want isak on right when wilson is fit 

Perfect. My Dennis Wise scouting tells me Isak isn't an out and out striker to start with. All his highlights show him breaking from a deeper position.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

I was just going to ask where people saw him play, leading the line, just behind in Wilocks position or in from the right?

Rumours I've seen is that he starts tomorrow, not sure on how true that is with Howe's track record of bleeding players into the side. I can see him playing off Wood.

Half an Isak >>> Wood. Reckon he will start.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Found this in Reddit 

When Callum is fit he'll be very comfortable as a wide forward on that right side in the sort of role Almiron has been playing. You can see how much he ended up operating in that right side channel, while playing as right sided forward in Sociedad's front two of their diamond formation last year.

It wasn't as effective as it could have been because as you can see from the clip they are far too slow getting the ball forward when there is space in behind and he's running into it, they don't play him in. Bruno will be threading him in there all the time, especially if Bruno ends up playing that RCM position.

Another thing I noticed in that Sociedad clip is that the full backs didn't get up quick enough and so in their diamond setup Isak didn't have any overlapping support from out wide to open up more space for him, and for him to inter change passes with. Trippier is excellent at that and again will be able to play him in behind also.

6 minutes ago, LRD said:

He does drift to the right a lot in the video.

5 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Perfect. My Dennis Wise scouting tells me Isak isn't an out and out striker to start with. All his highlights show him breaking from a deeper position.

He's really a complete forward that can operate in those wide channels, as well as through the middle as the single number 9.

In 2020-21 he played as the single number 9 and that's when he scored 17 goals for Sociedad.

Last season they changed to that diamond formation that had him in a different role, where he operated more in that right channel as a right sided striker in the front two. The same formation Sociedad are playing again this season, which they used in that Barcelona game.

Guest HTT II
Just now, madras said:

Andy Cole wasn't that good.

He was underrated in the air, scored a few from memory. Deft little headers not powering ones, Owen was similar.