Alexander Isak

Disco

3 hours ago, Nine said:

Impossible to rate him yet, just had no service at all. Dare I say even Halaand wouldn’t look much different in our side.

I'm rating him on saying no to Trippier then banging home his penalty. A lot of confidence. Needs to impose himself on the game more, drop back to let other layers get into positions ahead of him. Once he started coming deep we really threatened them today, should have switched Almiron and Fraser for more chances at a quick cross.

Played a lovely ball to the right channel at one point, can't remember who to.

Edited by Happinesstan

Just now, nemtizz said:

Was Tripps motivating him or trying to take the penalty off him? Hard to tell with my stream cutting out every 2 minutes

Motivating I think.

If he’d wanted the pen I think he’d have been able to pull rank 

29 minutes ago, LV said:

Motivating I think.

If he’d wanted the pen I think he’d have been able to pull rank 

While Isak was preparing to take the pen you could see Trippier in the background, not looking. Tried my best not to  read into it as he might have turned around when the penalty was taken. Unfortunately At the point that the penalty was taken, Amelie snapped my aerial and through it in the gutter, so I didn't even see it hit the net, or anything after.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Was a bit frustrating how little he went looking for the ball considering the lack of service. Thought that was a huge part of his game but he never got going really.

We can't afford to have him doing too much of that as we would have no one in the box that can finish.

Not to mention we had more than enough of the ball in forward areas, and so didn't need him dropping in just for the sake of it.

Will have to watch the re-run of this game on tv, he didn't seem to get the ball at his feet in the right areas to do much damage. At times you were left wondering if Wilson would have sniffed out more chances, but then you remember he was feeding off scraps as well.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

We can't afford to have him doing too much of that as we would have no one in the box that can finish.

Not to mention we had more than enough of the ball in forward areas, and so didn't need him dropping in just for the sake of it.

Obviously it's a balance but today was the day to do it more often.  

Was crying for him to make a run at the near post today. Keeper played well but we made it too easy for him with no movement in the box. 

Actually felt Wilson would have got on the end of one of them today. 

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

Ideally, I would agree, but with the set up we had today it was never going to work, and that became clear very early on. their fullbacks had no respect for for fraser/almiron. they stayed tight on them all game knowing neither were capable of beating their man and getting into dangerous positions. That led to the ball being recycled, and lofted crosses into the box from poor positions that Isak was never going to win against 2 CBs.  

I think him coming deeper, picking up the ball and using his pace/dribbling would have helped break them down and pull some players out of position. For all of the possession we had, Bournemouth never looked uncomfortable all game

8 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm rating him on saying no to Trippier then banging home his penalty. A lot of confidence. Needs to impose himself on the game more, drop back to let other layers get into positions ahead of him. Once he started coming deep we really threatened them today, should have switched Almiron and Fraser for more chances at a quick cross.

Played a lovely ball to the right channel at one point, can't remember who to.

The nominated penalty taker should always take the pens for me.If you had two players on a brace,and the regular penalty needing another goal to hit the twenty goal mark for the season,who takes the pen if all three are full of confidence about scoring? It’s the managers job to select a regular penalty taker,not a ‘ decide amongst yourselves’ moment.

2 minutes ago, La Parka said:

He needs to be attacking from a deeper position or needs more creativity around to unlock defenses. 

Yeah I get the feeling he’ll be better picking the ball up and running at people as he’s good with his feet. Move him right of a 3 when Wilson is back. 

Lot of the football tactical analysis sources out there seem to think he could thrive in a secondary striker role where his starting position is wide by he’s able to drift and find space deeper to get the ball and run at defenses. 

6 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Not got Wilson’s box movement. That sniff. 

He's a different type of forward. Looks like he can finish, but Wilson is a goal hunter, watching yesterday, you couldn't help feeling he would have got on the end of one or two moves to get a goal. I know the service was abysmal, but Wilson usually finds a way. The goal against Forest was a prime example, nothing really on, but a couple of clever touches and bang, it's in the net.

Think when Wilson returns for another 3 games before getting injured again Isak will start alongside him; on a starting lineup it'll look like he's playing RW but he'll be a lot more central and closer to Wilson with Trippier providing the width as we saw yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think when Wilson returns for another 3 games before getting injured again Isak will start alongside him; on a starting lineup it'll look like he's playing RW but he'll be a lot more central and closer to Wilson with Trippier providing the width as we saw yesterday. 

3 games is optimistic 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

He's a different type of forward. Looks like he can finish, but Wilson is a goal hunter, watching yesterday, you couldn't help feeling he would have got on the end of one or two moves to get a goal. I know the service was abysmal, but Wilson usually finds a way. The goal against Forest was a prime example, nothing really on, but a couple of clever touches and bang, it's in the net.

His goal against forest was the only sniff he got all game, but it was created by Joelinton's overlap creating the space for him to attack.

Edited by Happinesstan