Alexander Isak

Disco

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I have zero optimism that their owning us will make any positive impact on society in Saudi Arabia. Maybe I’m cynical but that’s not why they bought the club.

My bigger issue with journalism and people like Holt is that they will only ever use this angle to talk about us. Newcastle score a great goal, sportswashing, Newcastle qualify for the CL, sportswashing, Newcastle win a trophy, sportswashing. 

It’s so reductive and lazy. What are the myriad of reasons we’re successful right now? Why not actually apply some nuance and critical application? There’s no doubt that Saudi Arabia owning us is an example of sportswashing. Everyone is aware of that, so why is it the only item on the agenda for some people? And not the fact that we have a phenomenon of a manager, have bought extremely well, far better than Rich clubs. How has Eddie transformed weaker players in the squad? What role does Newcastle’s history of being a sleeping giant have in the current success?

Those are interesting questions for a

journalist. However, Holt has made

his mind up and no matter what happens this is the angle we’ll get from him and many others

You've already put more thought into this post than Paid Journalist Oliver Holt has put into whatever drivel he wrote, man. :lol:  Holt is a lazy excuse for a journalist, and his agenda-driven nonsense gets him gammon clicks from Daily Heil readers. He doesn't care about nuance and critical analysis of our success, and we as a fanbase shouldn't pay him any attention.

He's already chest-deep into ridiculousness - "talented player's sublime piece of skill reflects Saudi sportswashing" - howay man, how stupid does that sound? :lol:

1 minute ago, duo said:

That's incorrect- Isak has an assist and it's the assists of all assists

If you mean against Everton, it got chalked off as an official assist as it took a deflection off the defender.

17 minutes ago, Kazzie said:

If you mean against Everton, it got chalked off as an official assist as it took a deflection off the defender.

I don't care what the PL say - it was an assist 

Totally agree that he should have been credited with an assist but can, begrudgingly, understand why he wasn't. 

Watched the highlights, quite a few times yesterday, and the ball was definitely played for Wilson. The deflection stopped it reaching him and dropped nicely for Murphy. 

I understand the assist not being given but in terms of individual stats, situations like that are a bit of a problem and can make a big difference when you're just looking at stats to see how useful a player is. Willock's Leicester assist for Bruno last season not being given comes to mind.

11 hours ago, Pata said:

asmmm.thumb.PNG.deefd82e03f999696d8d68e777dcf53e.PNG

I’ve seen him get past players.

I just can’t understand this mentality, Isak goes on a mazy run and you see it as an opportunity to have a go at another player who plays for NUFC. And having a go at that players one real world class attribute ffs. :lol:

I think you're reading too much into my post, if you go back through my posts you'll find I'm far from Maxi's greatest critic. Maxi dribbles with his head down, Isak dribbles with his head up, he's on another level.

3 hours ago, Teslact said:

Toney got credited with Brentford's first today, despite Navas pushing it onto the post which then rebounded onto the back of his head and in. Don't they usually go down as an own goal?

Exxxactly