Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

Think I prefer him on the left of the front three.

He'll be really good in either spot but he's such an absolute joy to watch running at defenders and I think we'll see that a lot more often with him on the left. Also, we'll have more goals in the team with this guy and a striker on the field than with Isak and someone like ASM or Gordon on the left.

Would love to see us try to bring in one of the top teenage strikers in the game in the summer. A Moukoko or Vitor Roque, maybe. Someone who is ready to play first team football but would also benefit from being protected a little bit in terms of playing every week. Let them compete with Wilson to be CF.

Obviously Isak can still play CF when needed, so we'd have quality depth at such an important position.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Isak is life. Can we please start him and Wilson now? Gasping to see it when they’re both fresh.

Has to be worth a go. Not sure Arsenal is the time to try it, but if we can get away defensively with ASM on the left I reckon we can manage it with Isak too. 

Just feels like we are guaranteed to score goals when they're both on the field; especially at home. Too much fret to handle. 

4 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

If we play Isak out wide, we 100% need another #9. Wilson can't play 38 games a season, let alone 50+...

Beto from Udinese please. For all you Osimhen lovers. He is a much more affordable version with a similar physical profile and presence.

En-Nesyri from Sevilla would work too.

Or Marcus Thuram on a free.

Isak is going to be the central striker in future seasons, definitely. Just feel like we can get away with playing him and Wilson together for most of the rest of this season. Especially with ASM out and Wilson in this kind of form.

I'm sure after the Everton game Eddie alluded to them starting together when the team was more balanced, so after a summer full of signings then.

Edited by nemtizz

19 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

I'm sure after the Everton game Eddie alluded to them starting together when the team was more balanced, so after a summer full of signings then.

Nah. If we have a good summer they 100% won’t be playing together. 

I remember in January myself and @LV having to put up with a fair few idiots claiming he couldn't play out on the left. 

Actually scary what we might have achieved had we had him and Wilson fit all season. 

I think we can play them both as long as the Joes are also playing

It means that if Isak isn't getting into the game out wide he can play in the middle with Wilson and one of the Joes can move to the left

31 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Clearly not. [emoji38]

You said if we have a successful window they won’t be playing let alone starting together. :lol:

Summer window is going to be unreal, and IMO we are missing out if we don’t have that option at the end of it. Unless Eddie believes it won’t work even with reinforcements out wide and in the middle. 

Another great performance. Many seem to think Wilson coming on was the game changer but I rather see it as Isak being moved out to the left where he could contribute more to the game as he didn't get any real delivery in the first half.

Not that Wilson didn't do it great, he was excellent.

Almost felt like a statement how he wanted others to deliver the ball to him.

Edited by Civetty

It's pretty obvious we have a player who is very versatile, he was involved in all the good chances that came from the left when Wilson came on. Wilson and him on the field definitely works, it's not like it's worse, it's actually better. But I'm sure Isak likes getting in with the goals, maybe Eddie will work on these patterns so he can play left and get in with the goals if Joe Willock or Joelinton interchange with him like so many of them are doing for each other during matches.