Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

4 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Was just about to post something similar :lol: Someone please pull up some of their shite when we signed him.

There’s one where that dope KeithS305 claims we’ve wasted £100m on Isak, Burn, Targett and Wood and we’d be lucky to get £30m back for the lot.

£20m already for Wood, right?

7 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Hang on mate, I was one of those you argued with, and I never said he couldn’t play out wide. I said he shouldn’t because he’s our best center forward hands down. I think by now you’d have to agree. He’s simply sensational as a forward roaming around and causing havoc wherever he gets the ball. We had people on here defending Wood as a center forward. This guy is not even on the same planet as Wood was.

This. I was one of those too, and it was always shouldn't, not couldn't. He's almost exclusively played centrally before, and we didn't pay £60m+ for one of the hottest strikers on the planet to lump him out on the wing just because he's got some good footwork.

Of course he 'can' play elsewhere, but he's a centre forward. His goals per minutes ratio this season shows that.

Edited by Chris_R

21 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Meh, Ben Arfa would have finished that dribble off with a thunderbastard into the top corner from 5 yards.

back to the training ground Alex

He's not perfection like wor Hatem quite yet, but he's getting there.

Just now, Nobody said:

I absolutely love Hatem, but Isak is just on another level. 

I absolutely love Isak, but he's just not as good technically as Hatem quite yet. He's got other qualities Hatem didn't have mind.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I absolutely love Isak, but he's just not as good technically as Hatem quite yet. He's got other qualities Hatem didn't have mind.

Hatem will always be a cult hero, Isak will be a genuine GOAT contender in black and white. 

19 minutes ago, duo said:

Nope because it came off Tarkowski - joke.

It’s not really a joke though. It wouldn’t be his goal if he did the same run, then an off target shot went in off Tarkowski.

Stats are overrated anyway. It was a brilliant run that led to a goal however the PL want to see it.  

What he did for the 4th goal was just absurd and I just can't stop myself from watching it over and over again

I was chuffed when we signed him as when the takeover happened him and Merino were the two I wanted us to sign

It's crazy to think the way he's going that £63m is going to end up being an absolute bargain

25 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

It’s not really a joke though. It wouldn’t be his goal if he did the same run, then an off target shot went in off Tarkowski.

Stats are overrated anyway. It was a brilliant run that led to a goal however the PL want to see it.  

But it would be his goal if an on target shot was deflected by Tarkowski on its way in.

He sent a ball in and around the six yard box and this huuuuge deflection sent it all the way to.. in and around the six yard box. 

19 minutes ago, wormy said:

But it would be his goal if an on target shot was deflected by Tarkowski on its way in.

He sent a ball in and around the six yard box and this huuuuge deflection sent it all the way to.. in and around the six yard box. 

Yeah I think it would have been a goal without the deflection, but probably doesn’t get it because it wasn’t en route to Murphy. And I think that ultimately confirms why it’s not an assist because you can’t give it based on hypotheticals.

That he created a goal with a stunning run doesn’t change. But there’s definite logic to why it’s not his assist.