Alexander Isak

Disco

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

As amazing as the Everton moment was, for me it's the 'disallowed' one against Liverpool, on his debut. I immediately knew we had an unbelievable talent!

To absolutely skin Robertson, leaving him sliding into a black hole, followed by just gliding past Gomez, and the finish is world class against one of the best GK's. It had a bit of everything. Maybe more just the realisation of what we now had as our top striker, rather than the skill itself, but I just loved the feeling.

My favourite player atm, seems like a great character aswell.

Edited by BonesJones

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's mad how many iconic moments he had in a season which, for him, was so curtailed. I still think he's the best player in the squad; exceptional talent. 

Aye, watching that was amazing for a full season highlight reel, never mind one whwre he was injured for half of it.

6 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Moment that isn't in there, after his assist for Anderson v Forest which was scandalously disallowed he just walks off on his own flicking his wrist at how awesome he is. :lol:

It was a blessing that his transfer happened as quickly as it did. The weeks of pre-transfer whinging about the proposed fee would’ve been unbearable. :lol: 

Edited by Deuce

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's mad how many iconic moments he had in a season which, for him, was so curtailed. I still think he's the best player in the squad; exceptional talent. 

For me, he was the first moment I saw a glimmer of our potential. No disrespect to Tripps, Botman, or even Bruno, but for me he’s shown the kind of quality I’ve never seen before.

Even during Ashley's darkest days we had some exciting strikers like Ba, Cisse, Carroll and Wilson but none of them compare to watching what he can do with the ball. Can't wait to see him with a full preseason under his belt 

I still think there's an issue on where gets the best from him, personally I think with a Wilson type, him just off so he can drift. Don't know how that fits into our thinking though.

Isak should be up front, it's his best position and we're better as a team with him there imo.

Sheer amount of games will mean Wilson and he will share minutes up front, I don't think starting with Wilson & Isak is the way forward.

25 minutes ago, HawK said:

Isak should be up front, it's his best position and we're better as a team with him there imo.

Sheer amount of games will mean Wilson and he will share minutes up front, I don't think starting with Wilson & Isak is the way forward.

Yeah I did say a Wilson type, no way could Wilson play the amount of games necessary or regularity, I just thought Isak often struggled up front with the way we played. That could well change with a Maddison/Szoboszlai. I just think back to games like Villa and Brentford aways when he was anonymous until Wilson came on. Also he's too good to just play as a through the middle forward which we did tend to do when he was preferred.

31 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah I did say a Wilson type, no way could Wilson play the amount of games necessary or regularity, I just thought Isak often struggled up front with the way we played. That could well change with a Maddison/Szoboszlai. I just think back to games like Villa and Brentford aways when he was anonymous until Wilson came on. Also he's too good to just play as a through the middle forward which we did tend to do when he was preferred.

I remember he also had some really good games when he dropped deep when were in possession, allowing midfielders and wingers to bomb on.

12 hours ago, Deuce said:

It was a blessing that his transfer happened as quickly as it did. The weeks of pre-transfer whinging about the proposed fee would’ve been unbearable. :lol: 

Still think we overpaid tbf.

10 minutes ago, HawK said:

I remember he also had some really good games when he dropped deep when were in possession, allowing midfielders and wingers to bomb on.

It wasn't our natural game and almost seemed like he forced that in game.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

It wasn't our natural game and almost seemed like he forced that in game.

Oh for sure, I'm not trying to be a revisionist here and suggest it was the norm. But moving forward as we seemingly look to play a more possession-based system and we have to break down teams that park the bus, Isak is so clever on the ball and dropping into pockets he's gotta be starting there for me. But I don't think he'd do well when he's pushing back the defensive line himself when we're already camped in the opposition half. Spearhead of the attack on the break, give and go, but can come deep when we're up the field is how I see him playing to his strengths.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

Oh for sure, I'm not trying to be a revisionist here and suggest it was the norm. But moving forward as we seemingly look to play a more possession-based system and we have to break down teams that park the bus, Isak is so clever on the ball and dropping into pockets he's gotta be starting there for me. But I don't think he'd do well when he's pushing back the defensive line himself when we're already camped in the opposition half. Spearhead of the attack on the break, give and go, but can come deep when we're up the field is how I see him playing to his strengths.

Yip, get that. It's what I'd be looking for in incoming  players and an evolving game plan.