Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

Not 100% fit imo but you could say that for half the squad. Saw Big Joe take some tablet (painkiller?) before the game, Tripps looked crocked halfway through the first half, Bruno was limping at the end. 

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Come on lads, he wasn’t great but we all would have been saying different of that Bruno chance went in. 

I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks about him. He looks awful physically/mentally. Doesn’t play with any fire or intensity. Doesn’t look physically capable of intensity. 

I think it’s a case of carrying an injury or struggling immensely with his stamina.  

Just now, gbandit said:

No one’s questioning his ability, he’s world class. He’s my favourite player along with Joelinton. However, if you watched him off the ball, he was trotting about like a hobbled horse 

I was watching on a very small screen so I didn’t have the best view of the game. Based on others though, he definitely isn’t 100% and maybe a little scared of getting injured again. 

My favorite player, but he's definitely lacking that spark from last season. Thought it could be fitness from the busy schedule, but he looked slow and lethargic the minute he came on. 

Makes me think he's not fully over his latest groin injury either physically or mentally and is reluctant to sprint or move with any explosion. 

Just now, ryanegg said:

Maybe we’ll see the 4-4-1-1 again like we did last season against Fulham. Really think he’d fly in that setup.

We didn’t start like that. It just leaves us with a big problem on 60 mins if it hasn’t worked.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We didn’t start like that. It just leaves us with a big problem on 60 mins if it hasn’t worked.

Yeah I remember, we were struggling to break them down a wee bit then we switched it up for Isak to score the winner late on. His first game back from injury if I recall? 

Tbf I think he's generally quite rubbish on the left... he stays very wide and hugs the touchline but doesn't look to get to the byline and get a cross in and doesn't look to cut in and shoot. He likes to drop deep to get the ball rather than run in behind and so doesn't cause much of a threat at all. Basically it's not really his position and I'm never sure what he's expected to do out there. He got an assist vs Southampton and there was his crazy run vs Everton last year, apart from that I don't remember being particularly impressed with him there.

Think we'd get the best out of him with a proper no. 10 playing behind him who he can link with. He's not a big strong Drogba type, I think he needs the Bergkamp to his Henry. The Del Piero to his Inzaghi. The Jeff Hendrick to his Chris Wood.

My ideal scenario would be us signing an absolutely top class CF and allowing us some flexibility in how we use Isak.

His ability to play CF while also being an option from the left off a main striker should be a huge asset to a squad but with him and Wilson being fucked all year it's basically been a non-factor.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Actually thought he was really bright tonight though.

This is what I thought too. He looked decent on the left, and benefitted from only having to play the half-hour.

Later on, it looked like from the TV like he was switched to the centre with Joelinton on the left, and became less involved as a result.

8 hours ago, gbandit said:

No one’s questioning his ability, he’s world class. He’s my favourite player along with Joelinton. However, if you watched him off the ball, he was trotting about like a hobbled horse 

He isn't world class. He has the potential ceiling of being just that. He has always struggled with consistency. Said it once we signed him that he's very up and down in quality.

Personally i don't think he will ever be consistent enough to be proper world class. He will have some games of that calibre though. His talent is undoubted. Hope i'm wrong...