Alexander Isak

Disco

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Getting a bit tired of these ‘move Isak to the left to accommodate (add name of inferior striker)’ posts. 

I agree.  If anything you look for a wide forward who can score goals and can play through the middle if needed rather than shifting Isak from his best position.  The fact he is so good at close control and dribbling is the only reason why people consider moving him to the left - it would be like Arsenal putting Henry on the wing to fit in another striker

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Getting a bit tired of these ‘move Isak to the left to accommodate (add name of inferior striker)’ posts. 

Especially when we're clearly struggling for options at LW...

Isak is potentially one of those 'generational' centre forwards.  He's one of the very, very few I've ever seen in B&W where I could think 'he is / is going to be world class'.  The lad could end up being one of the world's two or three best centre forwards in the next couple of years.

Hoying him on the wing is crackers.

12 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

He is 25/1 to finish the top scorer in the Premier League, currently 3 goals behind Haaland and he has the best goals to minutes ratio of the top 20 highest scorers this season.

Considering our run in those odds are decent.

You can get 9s in the without market and also offers e/w terms in that market.  If I was a serious punter on football, that would tempt me.  

I'm not superstitious at all.  But also, I'm not risking putting that bet on :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

You can get 9s in the without market and also offers e/w terms in that market.  If I was a serious punter on football, that would tempt me.  

I'm not superstitious at all.  But also, I'm not risking putting that bet on :lol: 

Who is 9/1 with ? Best I can see on oddschecker is 6s.

56 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

@Alan Pardew worked when you did this with Cisse, didn't it?  ;) 

I tried my best lads. Moving Cisse to the left allowed us to have one more decent player on the pitch. We had a lot of cloggers in the squad back then as you might recall. Cisse on the left allowed us to play a narrow midfield three which I always liked against the tougher opponents. I’m off to the talkSPORT studio lads. Might grab a big lunch before. See ya later. 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s like the Ba/Cisse debate again 

Would rather play Isak in the middle behind the striker than shove him out wide. He likes to drift around and has an eye for a pass so I could see him doing well there. On the other hand a top class No 10 to play behind Isak would probably be my first choice.

Pope
Tino Schar Botman Hall

Tonali 
   Almiron  Barnes

Isak  Benzema  Gordon

10 minutes ago, TBG said:

Pope
   Tino Botman Hall

Tonali Schar
     Almiron  Barnes

Isak  Benzema  Gordon

FYP

17 minutes ago, TBG said:

Pope
Tino Schar Botman Hall

Tonali 
   Almiron  Barnes

Isak  Benzema  Gordon

You've only got 11 players there

Pope

Asprilla Schar Botman Hall

Tonali Bruno

Gordon Chiesa Barnes

Isak

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is it true he’s had his house broken into night of Everton game?

Odd with so many guard dogs. I bet Manu and Chelsea hid under the sofa. 

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Is it true he’s had his house broken into night of Everton game?

I got a message earlier saying last night but it was a forwarded message and makes more sense that it was during the Everton match. A safe was ripped out of a wardrobe and lots of damage done as well.

The club should think about providing complimentary guards during games and trips. Or at least facilitating the players hiring them. This is getting out of hand.

So that's Joelinton and now Isak.

A coincidence there's been an increase since the covid vaccines were rolled out?

Just now, Kimbo said:

If I was a premier league footballer my house would be like Fort Knox.

Bit of a shame we have to think like that. I wonder if it's a similar story around the rest of Europe?

Getting your home broke into would be quite traumatic, but it might be worse in other parts of the world.