Alexander Isak

Disco

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I think we have to concede that it was just brilliant defending; great tackle. Woodgate-esque.

It was, Wilson also doesn't do much wrong. A striker with a bit more pace and trickery likely doesn't give the defender an opportunity to recover though.

He spoke about it a bit on his latest podcast, saying exactly that. He thought putting the ball to the right when Aguerd was on his left shoulder would make it impossible to tackle him.

Very reluctantly gave him a lot of credit for it. :lol:

Wilson didn't get across Aguerd, which would have allowed him to take that final touch without him being able to get back and he possibly didn't need that touch anyway. It's a good last ditch tackle, but Wilson shouldn't have given him the opportunity to get back imo. He's been dawdling (at times) like this for a few weeks now, it's very unlike him. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wilson didn't get across Aguerd, which would have allowed him to take that final touch without him being able to get back and he possibly didn't need that touch anyway. It's a good last ditch tackle, but Wilson shouldn't have given him the opportunity to get back imo. He's been dawdling (at times) like this for a few weeks now, it's very unlike him. 

The delaying and dawdling are classic lack of confidence indicators. 

Wilson has been class and Howe has a great relationship with him. I do feel that if we continue stuttering with draws/missing chances and as we go deeper into the season Isak is going to start getting more starts. I also feel at this point that in a one off game such as the cup final Isak could be more of a match winner for us. 

For me it’s time to start Isak, I think he offers more overall. 

Wilson isn’t lacking confidence though - an odd claim. He doesn’t score every chance, that’s all. He was confident enough to make the run and take it on. Almiron has gone a bit off the boil and Joelinton isn’t creative so Wilson hasn’t had as much around him. 

anyway for me, if Isak is fit it’s time he got a run