Alexander Isak

Disco

1 hour ago, Exiled in Texas said:

I love how he thought it was funny that they wanted recreate the meme of him walking his dog.

show a great understanding of the fan relationship/engagement 

They get it and us. 

On 07/06/2024 at 13:30, SteV said:

Yeah, you could argue it means his teammates provide him with a better quality of chance I suppose.

But what I’m taking away from it is that despite scoring plenty, he’s not scoring loads of outrageous, low-xG goals, that would be hard to sustain.

Looking back at Cisse’s first six months here, as amazing as it was, it was probably unrealistic to expect him to be able to sustain the kind of goals he was scoring (especially from left wing….). Not the case with Isak.

Mate of mine said Cisse was a flash in a pan when he scored that crazy goal against Chelsea. Terrible "shot selection" and an outrageous finish. That type of stuff was not sustainable. Nearly all of his goals were bangers.

One thing about Isak - he has excellent feet and balance. While we do create great chances for our strikers (Wilson's Xg is super high per 90 minutes too - and i rate him higher as a poacher), Isak is able to generate the best chances for himself by having a super first touch and sorting his feet out quick time, so the final shooting position is great. But he's sorted himself out to get there.

14 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Isak's coolness must be worth 0.1 xG per chance alone. 

I like stats, but (pre coffee) don’t really understand that. Are you basically saying he is good at creating opportunities to score for himself? Or something else? 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I like stats, but (pre coffee) don’t really understand that. Are you basically saying he is good at creating opportunities to score for himself? Or something else? 

Just saying he has a calmness in tight spaces or when he doesn't appear to have much time on the ball, that make him more likely to score than the majority of strikers.

8 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Another one:

IMG_7790.png

So the plan is to link us with any striker available in the window as a replacement for Isak. Okay Frank.

Tomorrow he will write how we should sell Isak as we have a ready made replacement in Kuol.

Edited by Joe1984

Ffs. If this happens I understand why, BUT I would rather we just say fuck off and take legal action and start maxing the piss taking.

im still not entirely clear why we haven’t got the sela training ground for x million, stadium name sponsor and training gear has had no sponsor for last couple of years.