Alexander Isak

Disco

6 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Imagine that's Gordon up front then? 

Wonder if Osula will get some minutes 

Yeah. Gordon up top if Isak is out. At least we’ll see Barnes off the left from the start! 

I doubt Osula gets a look in if it’s another tight game. No indication whatsoever that Howe sees him as a genuine first team option so far. But all the games have had the odd goal in them. So I do kind of understand it. 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

I think he will play 

He got stud on around 30 minutes v wolves and carried on (limped a bit)

Sure he will be fine 

Guessing this is where Bunce will come in to clear him or not.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Guessing this is where Bunce will come in to clear him or not.

I don’t think Bunce determines whether someone’s toe is OK to play, surely that’s a physio/doctor decision?

Bunce is more about monitoring players loads and output, trying to avoid muscle injuries etc, I would have thought.

9 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

‘You’ll never win anything with a team of James Milner’s’ probably the dumbest utterance from a manager.

He's a bit short for a keeper like

We already know he picks up knocks and our other experienced striker has longer layoffs with significant injuries.

And yet here we are again, potentially going to jeopardise a great start by not having either of them available.

Yet more evidence that our recruitment and squad building has not been ideal at all.

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

You mean the striker we signed from Sheffield isn't making an instant impact like some were expecting? How surprising.

He's the third striker and according to the manager was bought as a developmental player, and so he is not using him right away.

The issue is that it was already clear based off the last two seasons that our two main strikers were prone to picking up injuries, with Wilson in particular not being available for long stretches.

We should have moved Wilson on by now and brought in a more reliable backup striker to Isak.

This is why it was particularly annoying when people were turning their noses up at DCL and Tammy as rotation options for Isak.

Now here we are AGAIN with both not being available to play. This issue already cost us Europe at the end of last season.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

He's the third striker and according to the manager was bought as a developmental player, and so he is not using him right away.

The issue is that it was already clear based off the last two seasons that our two main strikers were prone to picking up injuries, with Wilson in particular not being available for long stretches.

We should have moved Wilson on by now and brought in a more reliable backup striker to Isak.

This is why it was particularly annoying when people were turning their noses up at DCL and Tammy as rotation options for Isak.

Now here we are AGAIN with both not being available to play. This issue already cost us Europe at the end of last season.

Isak not fit to play? Wait until the line-ups mate 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I think that was the plan but how do you offload someone who's 32, injury prone and on big wages whilst trying to negotiate a reasonable fee to contribute towards PSR rules? 

4 hours ago, Menace said:

You mean the striker we signed from Sheffield isn't making an instant impact like some were expecting? How surprising.

He'd have a job making an impact if he can't get on the pitch like.

15 hours ago, Fak said:

I think that was the plan but how do you offload someone who's 32, injury prone and on big wages whilst trying to negotiate a reasonable fee to contribute towards PSR rules? 

And persuading a good player to come here and be a sub. 

Even Man City couldn't hold onto their backup striker because he was too good not to start. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo