Alexander Isak

Disco

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

drop the Athletic an email mate and they’ll have a 10 gazillion word article up for you by Saturday :thup:

I might well do, come to think about it. It’s these sudden transfers that take everyone by surprise that gets me thinking about how traumatic the move can be. He’s probably been bundled into a plane with a few hours notice.

Guest HTT II

I obviously know nowt of his career or anything of his game as he only come to my own attention during the Euros, where I thought this boy has some next level ability, very raw still of course, but it’s a statement signing and someone who you’d imagine will just develop his game further here and turn into a top top player.

9 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I’ve always wondered what the ins and outs of “player admin” looks like. Poor fella has an entire life, personal belongings etc in San Sebastián- he flies over to sign for an English club, and two days later is supposed to feature in an away game. Who sorts out the move in the meantime?

I think clubs have player liaison staff - to help them settle into the area, find homes, schools for kids etc etc

Not sure if we had any under Ashley though.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I think clubs have player liaison staff - to help them settle into the area, find homes, schools for kids etc etc

Not sure if we had any under Ashley though.

We did, it was Rightmove.co.uk, which is ironic given when most signed for us under Ashley it was often the wrong move… for us and them at different times!

Edited by HTT II

13 minutes ago, LV said:

€15m :lol:

Aye right. Fella is on glue if he thinks he would have gone for that in La Liga 

Yeah let’s forget about the 90 million Euro release clause and the fact that he’s amongst Europes most highly regarded young forwards, then. 

11 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I might well do, come to think about it. It’s these sudden transfers that take everyone by surprise that gets me thinking about how traumatic the move can be. He’s probably been bundled into a plane with a few hours notice.

I actually think they've done this already [emoji38]

12ft | Agents buying beds for clients, players demanding set-piece bonuses and payment of divorce bills – what really happens in the transfer window - The Athletic

4 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Yeah let’s forget about the 90 million Euro release clause and the fact that he’s amongst Europes most highly regarded young forwards, then. 

Genuine question - most highly regarded where?

31 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

This on the back of the Man City performance seems to have sent alot of fear to other fans around the league. Think we've gone relatively under the radar until now.

Reading a few other forums the general consensus seems to be "Fuck. Newcastle are actually legit now and this is just the start"

There were fans of other clubs who consoled themselves that they had 5 years on us and that we wouldn't be able to catch them up, or even more delusionally were clinging to the hope that this was a new false dawn.

Just now, Gawalls said:

That narrows it down - thanks

Throughout the spring, the young forwards linked with top clubs were - Vlahovic, Nunez, Isak, and Jonathan David. Isak had a stellar Euro 2020 campaign for Sweden and was linked to Barcelona, Manchester United and Liverpool on the back of that. Vlahovic moved to Juve, Nunez to Liverpool. Arsenal were strongly linked with Isak, but most likely was concerned about value for money given his release clause and his dismal return of six goals all of last season.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

Has anyone else listened to this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cwb5cn

Not exactly a glowing reference. I hope people aren’t expecting this to be a Shearer-esque signing. I’m confident that Eddie will extract every ounce of ability out of this lad but it seems we have wildly overpaid for him.

This is embarrassing honestly. This man sounds completely clueless.

A big part of the price is his potential. It's all about the attributes he has which are elite level.

At a very young age he has also managed high goal scoring seasons in both the Dutch league and Spain already.

Anyway no point going on about it. When he gets on the pitch and starts playing then we'll see.