Alexander Isak

Disco

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Has anyone else listened to this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cwb5cn

Not exactly a glowing reference. I hope people aren’t expecting this to be a Shearer-esque signing. I’m confident that Eddie will extract every ounce of ability out of this lad but it seems we have wildly overpaid for him.

Jon Driscoll is an absolute nobody - I wouldn’t pay any more notice to him than any other call-in gobshite.

No-one was buying Isak for €15m.  He’s just being a contrarian dickhead.  I can’t imagine anyone talking as if it is a toss-up between Wood and Isak as to who is better.

Edit: in case some are confused, Driscoll isn’t a BBC pundit - he’s a tiresome twat who has a la liga podcast with a small following.  He’s as authoritative as any other podcast gobshite. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

:lol: 

Other club fans are funny.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 at 19.30.38.png

I mean, as much as I love Isak, it's not wrong to say he's certainly no Aguero. He's better Jo though, but Adebayor was a canny player Tbf. 

He doesn't need to be any of those fuckers. He just needs to be Isak.

More importantly Eddie needs to be Eddie and get that laser guided management turning this rough diamond into an absolute pearler.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Aguero at that time would cost double what we've paid for Isak in todays money.  Maybe more. Joao Felix cost Atletico £113M and he scored 8 goals last season in a far better team and they see him as a success

Aguero, looking back, was an utterly outrageous signing by them. Recognized as potentially one of the world's best and I think he only cost around 38m then which is a lot, but a relative bargain really. How others weren't really in for him and allowed City to get him relatively easily, I still puzzle over because City weren't that established yet beyond their money.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I mean, as much as I love Isak, it's not wrong to say he's certainly no Aguero. He's better Jo though, but Adebayor was a canny player Tbf. 

Adebayor was a wanker, he was great at Arsenal but only seemed interested in money and once he got his big pay day that was it.