Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Aye, it's a little unfair to hold up a daft celebration at the end of a fractious game when the adrenalin is pumping through their systems in the wider context of incidents that they won't have been thinking of at that moment.

Hopefully someone from LFC has a quiet word with them, points out how it might look and they change their celebration. But doesn't warrant any more comment than that.

Edited by geordiesteve710

Just now, Adam P said:

To me mam, aye. 

Since you are being cryptic, welcome to the forum whoever you are.

I'd like to think Top Shagger wouldn't be afraid to join this forum.

If you are not THE Adam P, I'm rather disappointed.

I’m still raging especially seeing all these time-wasting tweets from them bellends - big Jo stupidly put a cross into the box on 97 minutes!

The way they went on to our players when they were going down the tunnel as well! They’ll get a nice ovation when they come up here that’s for sure!

Very proud of the team as I expected a hammering which makes it even more frustrating!

We need to get rid of dead wood pardon the pun, and with one or two additions they’re getting mauled when they come here. You saw what ASM did to city. Can you imagine that with Isak being about this time along with a strengthened midfield. 
I could rant all day about the officials and other things that went on in this game, but they all know it’s just a matter of time. Get your digs in while you can. Klopp will have no toys, but his nashers to throw when they come here.  

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

Saying without VAR it’s still not a goal when VAR was supposed to be introduced because without VAR it wasn’t a goal and it should have been isn’t the right argument in my opinion.

But the thing is, everyone is assuming VAR was wrong, when ultimately this was not a clearly and obviously wrong decision. It looks incredibly tight either way, so surely the benefit of the doubt goes to the linesman. If he says no goal and the technology can’t show clearly otherwise, then no goal. 

Considering the lineup we put out, that performance was exceptional. The final outcome of the game was a complete injustice but no surprise - until we muscle our way into the Sky 6 we'll have to just accept that's part of the journey.