Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

By any measure that amount of added time was ludicrous. 

Arguably should have booked Klopp as well for his mental ranting. 

The way he was throwing his fists and gesticulating to the fourth official was ludicrous. He needs slapping down because he seems to be getting worse every season.

He also looks like a right wrong'un with his pearly white trainers and cap on. 

2 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

But the thing is, everyone is assuming VAR was wrong, when ultimately this was not a clearly and obviously wrong decision. It looks incredibly tight either way, so surely the benefit of the doubt goes to the linesman. If he says no goal and the technology can’t show clearly otherwise, then no goal. 

Once again, there’s no clear and obvious in offsides. Also linesman’s opinion doesn’t mean shit when they start to draw the lines. 

42 minutes ago, hakka said:

Would be useful to know the extra time for each of those matches and actual game end clock time. See if we were the worst for time running over...

Leicester City vs Brentford - 3 minutes added - ended 90+4. +1 minute.

West Ham vs Man City - 3 minutes added - ended 90+4. +1 minute

Man City vs Nottingham Forest - 2 minutes added - ended 90+3. +1 minute.

Man City vs Crystal Palace - 4 minutes added - ended 90+4. 0 minutes.

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal - 3 minutes added - ended 90+4. +1 minute.

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace - 5 minutes added - ended 90+6. +1 minute

Nottingham Forest vs Spurs - 8 minutes added - ended 90+9. +1 minute.

Liverpool vs Newcastle - 5 minutes added - ended 90+9. +4 minutes.

Edited by ChrisMcQuillan

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Are they going to look into their member of staff throwing the V's? 

Didn't think so. Cunts.

Enrique is on the cunt list too.

I don’t want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but could it not be two fingers to signal 2 goals?

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I don’t want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but could it not be two fingers to signal 2 goals?

Howay man it clearly wasn't.

Unless the objects thrown from our end just slipped out of our fingers.

Edited by Sean

FWIW I've just timed how long Pope was down for the extra added time. From hitting the deck (and the clock would have actually stopped a few seconds after that) to clearing the ball on restart, 1min 31secs. 

No idea where the other minute and a half came from.

Edited by madras

I know the shoe will be on the other foot soon and we will benefit from it but I do think this demonstrates the advantages the 5 sub rule has to rich clubs with deep benches, so much of their team can be refreshed and then of course they were much better and fresher than us for last 30 minutes. It is going to make it even harder for upsets to happen

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Enrique must have supported them as a bairn like, it’s the only explanation for why he polishes them off to the extent he does.

When it's against one of his former teams, who he actually played more games for and had a good relationships with the fans he should show a little more class. He's just put another tweet up about the time wasting, obviously only time his Twitter gets any interaction by winding up Newcastle fans.

Edited by pubteam

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

When it's against one of his former teams, who he actually played more games for and had a good relationships with the fans he should show a little more class. He's just put another tweet up about the time wasting, obviously only time his Twitter gets any interaction by winding up Newcastle fans.

Someon tell him to time how long  Pope was down for.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Someon tell him to time how long  Pope was down for.

I also don't like the suggestion that Pope was time wasting, you can clearly see he fell awkwardly. I actually thought for a second we may need to hold onto Dubravka.