Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Even five minutes of added time is quite a bit for the events of the second half with one goal and few serious injuries. It is laughable that we are meant to accept that "time-wasting" means the opposition gets an extra 2-3 minutes to score, when this has not been the case at all in my decades of watching football. This would only happen away on a "storied night at Anfield" or other certain clubs. Very annoying.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Show me the hard evidence. The only screenshots I've seen look like a striker completely level with a defender.

There was a VAR pic showed on screen. Isak was offside 

Just now, Zero said:

Likely taken a frame or so after the ball was played, see it all the time. Everyone is focussing on the line, whilst they are fucking away with something else.

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

It’s unbelievable how often he gets caught flat footed. 

Couldn't believe he stayed on man. 

He did some good things today, but just too lightweight defensively, especially when holding on for dear life like that.

I like to think that referees are at least embarrassed in situations like this, when they've played a ludicrously arbitrary amount of additional extra time, because they've got hard cocks over time wasting, and it's ended up influencing the game in a way that an official really shouldn't do

I bet they aren't, though

Edited by OpenC

Allison had the ball at 7 mins. You blow there Mariner you downs Clooney-looking bitch. Absolute joke end to a very spirited performance.

Seriously, the standard of officiating in this country is already so low and this chuckle-fuck decides to bring a shovel in to work today. Gtfo out of here. Fuming.

Just shows how far Howe has taken this team. When the team sheat came out I thought anything under 3 would be good. Nice to know we will put in a performance against any team. Once champions league kicks in and games go back to 1 a week I think we will start climbing up the league. So unlucky tonight and can't help but feel robbed but nice to feel proud even after a defeat. Gutted for players. 

2 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Even five minutes of added time is quite a bit for the events of the second half with one goal and few serious injuries. It is laughable that we are meant to accept that "time-wasting" means the opposition gets an extra 2-3 minutes to score, when this has not been the case at all in my decades of watching football. This would only happen away on a "storied night at Anfield" or other certain clubs. Very annoying.

Refs been told to clamp down/add extra time this season.  If it was not NUFC I would be happy to have seen it in action.

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

It shows him completely level with the defender with some lines pointlessly drawn onto the single frame.

VAR completely loses the entire point of the offside rule which is to stop players gaining an advantage. He’s not gaining any advantage and pre-VAR a competent liner wouldn’t have flagged that in a million years.

Edited by ponsaelius

It's a fucking bullshit call. Maybe for a microsecond his shoulder is a millimetre ahead of the defender's but he's not offside ffs. Not saying this just cos of tonight, I've been saying this ever since Lingard got one chalked off in the Nation's League years ago.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We only had 28% possession?!

Must have dropped from about 50% as soon as Wood came on. 

We cannot continue to play that guy in games against Prem opposition.

Wilson needs to sort his fitness out man. I genuinely cannot believe the state of Wood out there, and as for that nitwit Murphy, I would never tire of slapping some sense into his head.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Thank fuck we have another game in 3 days to get this match off our minds.

We really need to win that match because I don't think I can bare anything else after this. Fuming.