Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace - 3/9/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Disco said:

Aye, that’s the one. Absolute cunts trick when there’s no animosity in the fixture/between clubs.

Never got the 'atmosphere' there either tbh. Went there for the 1-1 draw under Benitez in 17-18 and its just 50-75 divorcees in black tees jumping up and down to a drum. Meh. Don't hate them like, find them pretty inoffensive and that HLTCO on Twitter is sound.

Always remember in 94/95 we sent them down last home game of the season and by the time I’d got out (must’ve been post lap) their team bus was already being boarded by the players and Dowie getting absolute dogs abuse from those nearby. Must have wanted to fuck off double quick, mood must’ve stank on that bus.

Having a look back it was some effort for them to go down with a spine of Martyn, Southgate, Houghton, Salako, & Armstrong.

Just now, Disco said:

Always remember in 94/95 we sent them down last home game of the season and by the time I’d got out (must’ve been post lap) their team bus was already being boarded by the players and Dowie getting absolute dogs abuse from those nearby. Must have wanted to fuck off double quick, mood must’ve stank on that bus.

Was that the 3-2 game where Armstrong scored for them? Vaguely recall it

My own bitter reason for not liking their fans is that when they got Pardew I went on their board and warned them about him in the most respectful way I could, genuinely trying to be helpful and get them up to speed on what to expect from him.

One of them said I was 'giving it the big un' so now all of their fans are that one stupid person and I hope we smash them in their stupid faces. I do like their kit though 

26 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Everything about Crystal Palace is absolutely honking. 

Only ever been once. Fell asleep on the bus back rom Camden, waking up in CP at 4.30 am. Bus driver kicked us off to sit in the rain while I waited 10 mins for him to take me back.

And you ask me why I'm angry.

Was that the game a bloke riding a black and white ostrich ran around the middle of the Leazes and did a comic screech to a halt after over-running an exit before turning back?

Its recorded for posterity somewhere. Will have to be the 94/95 season volumes tapes I guess.

That was the last day of terracing at SJP. Dug up that very night before the Northumbria senior cup the next day

Palace finished 4th last in all three comps - PL and losing semi-finalists in both cups.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

My own bitter reason for not liking their fans is that when they got Pardew I went on their board and warned them about him in the most respectful way I could, genuinely trying to be helpful and get them up to speed on what to expect from him.

One of them said I was 'giving it the big un' so now all of their fans are that one stupid person and I hope we smash them in their stupid faces. I do like their kit though 

I had a conversation with two Palace fans in the Tyne Bar a few weeks after they got him. Did the same helpful thing you tried to do and predicted exactly how it would end. They gave me the old deluded Geordies nonsense and told me how wrong I was. :smugdog:

Palace fans always seem a canny bunch tbh, and Selhurst Park seems like a class place to watch a game, always seems to be rocking.

I always find footballs forums a weird place and very tribal, any forum I visit seems insular and wild with a bunch of weird hot-takes and gibberish being spoken. Then I think of this place and it's exactly the same, people who get on but have complete different opinions with a load of in jokes and banter and you get to know their personality. Probably looks batshit from the outside :lol:

Also, hi Palace fans :wave:

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Palace fans always seem a canny bunch tbh, and Selhurst Park seems like a class place to watch a game, always seems to be rocking.

I always find footballs forums a weird place and very tribal, any forum I visit seems insular and wild with a bunch of weird hot-takes and gibberish being spoken. Then I think of this place and it's exactly the same, people who get on but have complete different opinions with a load of in jokes and banter and you get to know their personality. Probably looks batshit from the outside :lol:

Also, hi Palace fans :wave:

Except for this shit...

image.thumb.png.bdb777679e14314d968acdab2401f8e0.png