Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

You have a weird hard on for defending him. This guy is terrible. I'm just reacting to what I'm watching every game.

You on the other hand have absolutely no basis for defending his play. Are you a relative of his or something? I don't understand man.

It’s not as if his stats on goals scored,assists and chances created aren’t telling the full story.He’s missed two absolute sitters this season don’t forget.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, geordie_b said:

Anyone know what the time was at FT, injury and sub after the board went up so wondering if there is consistency 

Went into 98 mins.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

Might be wrong, bbc today said var check on spurs then said goal stands, I was thinking typical.

It was a penalty decision IIRC. Ref had a look and stuck with his decision. Jeff S made a big deal of it, understandably.

1 hour ago, McDog said:

I mean the PL is swimming in money is it not? They could have 5 angles if they wanted to.

The commentator and Sherwood were questioning why the ref wasn’t being shown the footage they had shown .The ref was watching coverage selected by VAR.Not that we’ll hear the reasoning behind it from VAR.

Just got back to the hotel. Main feeling is echoed by most others here - frustration. It's a game we should have won, whether that's via our own missed chances or the bloody VAR again. 

Never seen an angrier reaction when they showed the replay of our disallowed goal on the screen. Horrendous decision. 

Gutted when Isak missed his chance - I felt certain he would score. 

We paid for Bruno's and ASM's absence like a missing limb today. This half of the season is going to be a big challenge. Let's hope we make some wise moves in the January window and get that bench sorted. 

As for the Palace fans... almost every song they sang was about us and our supposed lack of atmosphere. This coming from one of the smallest away followings we get. Why not sing about your own team, eh? 

2 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

Just got back to the hotel. Main feeling is echoed by most others here - frustration. It's a game we should have won, whether that's via our own missed chances or the bloody VAR again. 

Never seen an angrier reaction when they showed the replay of our disallowed goal on the screen. Horrendous decision. 

Gutted when Isak missed his chance - I felt certain he would score. 

We paid for Bruno's and ASM's absence like a missing limb today. This half of the season is going to be a big challenge. Let's hope we make some wise moves in the January window and get that bench sorted. 

As for the Palace fans... almost every song they sang was about us and our supposed lack of atmosphere. This coming from one of the smallest away followings we get. Why not sing about your own team, eh? 

All I heard them sing was eagles ?

1 hour ago, Flip said:

I just don't understand what you see in WIllocks performances tbh. The ones you mentioned as excellent, very good, he had the least touches, least passes, least ground duels of all our midfielders. Same against Brighton and today. I don't know, maybe I'm harsh, but I do agree with Kaka (and others). A talented midfielder who doesn't get himself into the game and sees the game pass him by consistently. Maybe it's the formation that doesn't suit him, but Sean Longstaff who is a very limited footballer is doing better.

That's exactly the sort of statement I find ridiculous and makes any debate even starting more or less impossible.

Thought Longstaff was the best of the midfield three but thought Willock and Joelinton were both fine tbh. Really don’t get what some see when I’m involved in the match thread sometimes, absolutely hyper critical over very little. 

56 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The commentator and Sherwood were questioning why the ref wasn’t being shown the footage they had shown .The ref was watching coverage selected by VAR.Not that we’ll hear the reasoning behind it from VAR.

That fucking nuts. Withholding different views?

27 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

image.jpeg.f4fabf9e48a24582f4e5fd778e90cb3f.jpeg

I think this is the angriest I’ve seen the crowd at a refereeing decision. The atmosphere stayed angry for the rest of the game too iirc. 

One major positive I've noticed is how dangerous we appear to be from set penises with both our physicality and of course Trippier. 

Not seen us pose as much of a threat since SBR days. 

Edit: Fuck the ref

Edited by Thumbheed

Yeah, we’re getting a lot of headed goals this season or goals from head flick-ons. Botman will be the best target, Lascelles too when he plays, Burn should do more with his head, Joelinton is good in the air, Anderson seems strong in the air too and I expect Isak will get stronger too, he has a good header to set up a chance today 

35 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's exactly the sort of statement I find ridiculous and makes any debate even starting more or less impossible.

:lol: :lol: There’s never a debate with you anyways. condenscending as always.