Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

Just now, Sean said:

They say these things even themselves out over a season, but they absolutely do not. They never have.

We've been on the end of some shocking officiating that's cost us points already this season. We should have a sweepstake on what it will be next week.

I agree, they won't even themselves out when there are so many people (i.e. refs) want us to fail. I think this is the way things will be for us now. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely, but that!? I obviously thought too highly of him to think even he, or anyone, would fuck that up.

The way that 'look at the screen' means overturn it is so embedded into it now as well. There's no way anyone without that in their mind watches it in slow motion and decides to disallow the goal.

Yep. It's even become a theme in commentary. "He's gone to look at it, we all know what that means!!1111!! hur hur hur"

I’ve never booed a player at a match, also wouldn’t dream of chucking abuse on Twitter.  I see these forums as a bit like talking in the pub - any negativity has no impact on the game or the players.  That was frustrating, and people are going to get annoyed with games like that.  I bloody well did - we should have taken three points there.  Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Not signing a RW looks like a massive error to me, but I don’t know what the club are targeting.  If it’s a top half finish - which I still think should be the target - then I still think we’ll do that.  If the board want more for £200m+ in two windows, that could be a tricky one.

We need Bruno, ASM and Wilson back ASAP.  Almiron, Murphy and Fraser are all game, and don’t hide - but I still struggle to call them PL class players.  Anderson looks good (but raw).  Our midfield is exposed without Bruno and Shelvey.

it’s going to take a couple of years to pull a decent squad together - there was so much dross at the end of the Ashley era.  Still think we had a good window, as the defence looks the best it’s been in a couple of decades.  

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

Drawing 0-0 with 3 of our main men out is not as bad as it seems.

A small hiccup on our way to better times. Nowt to worry about. 

It was always going to be a struggle if we picked up injuries to key players.We all knew,including Eddie I would like to think,that our back up players aren’t good enough.I class Murphy,Longstaff,Fraser,Krafth,Manquillo and Lascelles as back up players.Chuck in Miggy,Big Joe and Willock and we are well off being a medium to good team.
With regards to that missed chance by Willock late in the second half,it looked like he shit himself in case a tackle/block come in so he snatched at it.I’m undecided at the moment whether he gets a place in my all time worst eleven.As good as any I’ve watched regarding missing easy chances,or should that be bad? 

Very impressed how solid and organised we continue to look despite the players we are missing right now. 

Great that despite the struggles high up the pitch we are putting points on the board still, and a point at Liverpool would have made this one more tolerable.

The good thing as well is that the manager and club know where we are short and so just a matter of time before those areas are addressed. Hopefully early on next window. Real shame we didn't quite manage it in the summer.

These last few games have really exposed both Almiron and Willock in those forward areas where we are currently struggling. We all knew they weren't key players, but this is just ridiculous now. I'm just over them really, and have no interest in seeing them in the team anymore. For the meantime, once injuries are alleviated, they should only come on sparingly to give others a breather. Same for Murphy and Wood.

I don’t question the effort of any of our players these days, Eddie has them running through walls for him. Some of them just aren’t good enough but shouldn’t be hated for it, just hope they move on to a club where they can do better than they are here. Frustrating as fuck when you’ve got players like Murphy coming on but what can you do, the team is in transition and he’ll be upgraded by next season

2 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

I hope Howe takes the fine and calls VAR out. It's a blatantly dirty decision and there's no defending it. We have to stand up for ourselves here.

I think he can state clearly that the decision doesn't make any sense and if he gets fined get the bread guy to contest it legally.

Can not not fault the players really, great effort with the Pool game in mind.

Really frustrated with Murphy.

That VAR decision was just fucking shit mind, how is it possible. It's either goal or a pen.

Edited by High Five o

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I don’t question the effort of any of our players these days, Eddie has them running through walls for him. Some of them just aren’t good enough but shouldn’t be hated for it, just hope they move on to a club where they can do better than they are here. Frustrating as fuck when you’ve got players like Murphy coming on but what can you do, the team is in transition and he’ll be upgraded by next season

Maybe in the new year 🤞🏻

Why was it on Wednesday all the lines were not shown for the offside (were today in the Everton game and for Rashford) and why was the other camera angle not shown today where the push was obvious? It's getting beyond a joke now.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I’m not questioning the effort today.I think the serous deficiencies some of our players have were again present for all to see.

1 minute ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The commentator said the ref/VAR didn’t have the same footage to watch when they decided to disallow the goal.How the fuck is that possible? 

I mean the PL is swimming in money is it not? They could have 5 angles if they wanted to.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Venting frustration during matches on here is the same as me at work when writing code and seeing a colleague’s bad code and saying in my head “are for fucks sake - whats he Thinking there??”. It doesn’t mean I hate my colleagues- it just keeps me sane during the stress.

2 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The commentator said the ref/VAR didn’t have the same footage to watch when they decided to disallow the goal.How the fuck is that possible? 

The thing is though, it doesn't even fucking matter, at this point we all know that 'look at the screen' means 'overturn your decision'