Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

Felt the same about the goal. Defender created the momentum which carried JW into the keeper. Good atmosphere (where I was), just a bit short in creativity/craft. Enjoyable game (we are solid) but frustrating; Longstaff and Joelinton can’t be relied on to create. The former looked frozen in the headlights/wanted too long to make a decision. Genuinely believe Bruno would have carved these open. Fraser worked really hard and was just a little off with final ball. Surprised Miggy came off, as was he I think, 1-0 would have been fairer (and right I think) on the day. Full strength and we would have comfortably won today. 

3 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The commentator said the ref/VAR didn’t have the same footage to watch when they decided to disallow the goal.How the fuck is that possible? 

So he gets what? An illegal stream??

argubly the most important person to see the footage

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I don’t question the effort of any of our players these days, Eddie has them running through walls for him. Some of them just aren’t good enough but shouldn’t be hated for it, just hope they move on to a club where they can do better than they are here. Frustrating as fuck when you’ve got players like Murphy coming on but what can you do, the team is in transition and he’ll be upgraded by next season

Even our not so good players , put in a 100% shift. Under Bruce everybody put in half a shift.

4 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The commentator said the ref/VAR didn’t have the same footage to watch when they decided to disallow the goal.How the fuck is that possible? 

The system still seems flawed. Has there ever been a case of the ref going to the monitor and sticking to his original decision?

it seems like another ref says “I think X. I’d advise you to have a look and change your decision.” 

The on-field ref then does exactly that. 

Surely it’s one person’s opinion and interpretation of the laws of the game and the incident, versus another’s? They still seem to arrive at the wrong decision a lot of the time. 

Feel really angry about that match, more than I normally would.

We looked well coached but ultimately not good enough going forward. I thought midfield was where we lost the key battle. Joelinton was great, Longstaff had moments but was far too slow and safe most of the time, Willock was generally fucking wank - far, far, far too passive considering all the talents he has. The massive Bruno-shaped hole was telling, missing someone who gets things moving and takes risks.

Learning curve for Isak as well. Had flashes of quality but I felt he didn't try to get on the ball enough and influence the game.

Atmosphere was absolutely crap. Whole thing felt flat bar some charged moments based on refereeing decisions.

We did alright. We’ve some big names missing and we had them under the thumb most of the game. 

Then we got shagged by VAR again. It’s getting to the point where I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s gotta be one of two things - it’s either the worst form of incompetence or it’s absolutely fucking corrupt. To what end? I don’t know. But the fact is we’ve had two shocking VAR decisions in the space of a few days. Tin hat stuff? Perhaps but we never seem to get a favourable refereeing decision, not since we hauled the premier league into court last year to try and shed some light on its back room dealings.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Which one's that? Genuinely never seen a screen review result in a decision being upheld 

Might be wrong, bbc today said var check on spurs then said goal stands, I was thinking typical.

Thing is there’s only 3 pts and 2 gd between us and Brighton in 4th - everybody seems to be missing a cutting edge this season barring Man City and arsenal - throw spurs into that as well

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Might be wrong, bbc today said var check on spurs then said goal stands, I was thinking typical.

Will be interesting to see if the ref was asked to look at the screen. Those are the ones that always result in an overturned decision.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

We did alright. We’ve some big names missing and we had them under the thumb most of the game. 

Then we got shagged by VAR again. It’s getting to the point where I’ve come to the conclusion that’s it’s gotta be one of two things - it’s either the worst form of incompetence or it’s absolutely fucking corrupt. To what end? I don’t know. But the fact is we’ve had two shocking VAR decisions in the space of a few days. Tin hat stuff? Perhaps but we never seem to get a favourable refereeing decision, not since we hauled the premier league into court last year to try and shed some light on its back room dealings.

I wish people would stop offering incompetence as a defence for blatant corruption.

Not directed at you, personally, your post just opened a vent for me.

But we've been doing it since forever. People who make genuine mistakes face the consequences of those mistakes, more often than not. When the burden falls on others it's rarely a mistake.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Will be interesting to see if the ref was asked to look at the screen. Those are the ones that always result in an overturned decision.

Wouldn’t surprise me with spurs though - it’s harry kane goal innit, englands golden boy.

Disgraceful officiating again. Every fucking well, and it’s big decisions that define matches going against us. Why is nothing being done about it? It’s not just us either.

Nowt wrong with our performance, we done enough to win the game twice over but just didn’t take our chances.

Cant wait until the day we sell Murphy. 

Willock played a full 90 mins today as a central midfielder, and just look at the state of his ball progression carrying the ball and passing it. That is unbelievably bad.

How are his numbers carrying the ball so much lower than Longstaff's who is the holding midfielder of the three?! We cannot afford to continue playing this guy in the first team as a central midfielder man.

FbvjHffaMAM0AhO?format=jpg&name=large

Just now, KaKa said:

Willock played a full 90 mins today as a central midfielder, and just look at the state of his ball progression carrying the ball and passing it. That is unbelievably bad.

How are his numbers carrying the ball so much lower than Longstaff's who is the holding midfielder of the three?! We cannot afford to continue playing this guy in the first team as a central midfielder man.

FbvjHffaMAM0AhO?format=jpg&name=large

That is truly horrific.