Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I wish people would stop offering incompetence as a defence for blatant corruption.

Not directed at you, personally, your post just opened a vent for me.

But we've been doing it since forever. People who make genuine mistakes face the consequences of those mistakes, more often than not. When the burden falls on others it's rarely a mistake.

You’re not wrong - a bad manager gets sacked, a bad player ends up playing for us (joke) but a bad official has nobody to answer to.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Thing is there’s only 3 pts and 2 gd between us and Brighton in 4th - everybody seems to be missing a cutting edge this season barring Man City and arsenal - throw spurs into that as well

Between Liverpool midweek and this match today then, we’d be in 4/5. Fine margins. :( 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Willock played a full 90 mins today as a central midfielder, and just look at the state of his ball progression carrying the ball and passing it. That is unbelievably bad.

How are his numbers carrying the ball so much lower than Longstaff's who is the holding midfielder of the three?! We cannot afford to continue playing this guy in the first team as a central midfielder man.

FbvjHffaMAM0AhO?format=jpg&name=large

Horrendous, might have been his worst game for us today

West Ham next week too. This means in our opening 7 games this season we'll have played the teams finishing 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 10th and 12th + Forest. It's been a tough opening set of fixtures but we need to be more clinical when we get chances, we're nowhere near good enough to waste chance after chance in game like that today. 

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I wish people would stop offering incompetence as a defence for blatant corruption.

Not directed at you, personally, your post just opened a vent for me.

But we've been doing it since forever. People who make genuine mistakes face the consequences of those mistakes, more often than not. When the burden falls on others it's rarely a mistake.

I suppose that’s why I asked to what end is it corrupt? If it is corruption then there has to be an agenda against us winning games. Who’s giving the order to give us fuck all in these decisions? Who is compliant? All reasonable questions if we’re running with it. 

Gonna be a frustrating season if we keep getting injuries to creative and attacking players. Won't be as bad as we started last season but probably won't ever have the kind of form that we did in the second half. Overall can envisage a marginal improvement on last year's league finish - getting into the top half. 

Think it's a lot more calming if you accept the reality of our squad depth now and embrace this as a transition year rather than getting too down about frustrating games like that.

I just hope we have a really good crack at both cups.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Willock played a full 90 mins today as a central midfielder, and just look at the state of his ball progression carrying the ball and passing it. That is unbelievably bad.

How are his numbers carrying the ball so much lower than Longstaff's who is the holding midfielder of the three?! We cannot afford to continue playing this guy in the first team as a central midfielder man.

FbvjHffaMAM0AhO?format=jpg&name=large

I like him but he was borderline cowardly on the ball today. Joelinton puts him to shame.

2 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I suppose that’s why I asked to what end is it corrupt? If it is corruption then there has to be an agenda against us winning games. Who’s giving the order to give us fuck all in these decisions? Who is compliant? All reasonable questions if we’re running with it. 

The broadcasters, in cooperation with the PL and FA. Football is no longer sport to them, it's a highly profitable entertainment package. 

Disgrace to chalk off our goal, it was sound and should of counted 

We played well, rested plenty though nothing clear cut. Really missing Bruno ASM Wilson.

It's clear our squad depth isn't the best and it's frustrating when we have to bring on Wood/Murphy or play Longstaff but Rome wasn't built in a day.

We sit 11th after 6 games with 7 points, aye we should have a couple more on the board but it's early days

What happened to we don't expect much but a team that tries? Surely people would be happy with a season Top Ten, no worrying about relegation and a cup run? I'm sure some people expect too much at moment.

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

When was the last major decision like a goal or penalty that went our way and you thought "we got lucky there". 

I absolutely cannot remember a single one. 

Trippier's red card maybe, and that's just feeling lucky because it actually went our way for once. Hard to think of one other than that.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

KaKa has a weird hard-on for slating Willock.

You have a weird hard on for defending him. This guy is terrible. I'm just reacting to what I'm watching every game.

You on the other hand have absolutely no basis for defending his play. Are you a relative of his or something? I don't understand man.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Gonna be a frustrating season if we keep getting injuries to creative and attacking players. Won't be as bad as we started last season but probably won't ever have the kind of form that we did in the second half. Overall can envisage a marginal improvement on last year's league finish - getting into the top half. 

Think it's a lot more calming if you accept the reality of our squad depth now and embrace this as a transition year rather than getting too down about frustrating games like that.

I just hope we have a really good crack at both cups.

Take a look at our fixtures, dude. A long list of Saturdays and Sundays. Not a Tuesday or Wednesday in sight.