West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

13 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Every fan base should sing the National Anthem at Anfield for the rest of the season, scouse fuckers would probably burn their own stadium down to stop it 

Liverpool is a city which for decades has suffered a lack of investment and disregard from the powers that be, much like Newcastle or indeed the whole North East, as well as other areas.

The difference between Newcastle and them is that they had 1 event where their own people were killed and they themselves were blamed.

The police who essentially did it blamed them.

The media who keep the elite at the top, including the royal family peddled the lies.

The courts for a long time blamed them.

I know that we had the miners strikes etc, but we never had 1 significant event like they did with Hillsborough.

Of course they turned, of course they don’t respect a monarch who has put in place government after government who has fucked them over time and time again.

If only we and everywhere else held the same view, without the need for an event like Hillsborough.

Many people/places do hold the same view like, it's just that booing people who have died is cringey as fuck. You can sort of let Liverpool off with it because of Hillsbourgh though.

And we definitely shouldn't be singing the national anthem at Anfield [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Many people/places do hold the same view like, it's just that booing people who have died is cringey as fuck. You can sort of let Liverpool off with it because of Hillsbourgh though.

And we definitely shouldn't be singing the national anthem at Anfield like [emoji38]

That’s absolutely fair enough when respect is given in return, try booing a minutes silence on respect of hillsbourgh and see the response you will get from the scouse cunts, yet these cretins feel they have the right to boo the national anthem or a minutes silence for the queen, this shit works both ways. As I said ever fan from every team should sing the national anthem when they play murderpool 

Edited by nufcnick

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Liverpool is a city which for decades has suffered a lack of investment and disregard from the powers that be, much like Newcastle or indeed the whole North East, as well as other areas.

The difference between Newcastle and them is that they had 1 event where their own people were killed and they themselves were blamed.

The media who keep the elite at the top, including the royal family peddled the lies.

I know that we had the miners strikes etc, but we never had 1 significant event like they did with Hillsborough.

Of course they turned, of course they don’t respect a monarch who has put in place government after government who has fucked them over time and time again.

If only we and everywhere else held the same view, without the need for an event like Hillsborough.

Nah. I just think they’re a contrary independent republic, with a longstanding chip on their shoulder,  and pretty much always have been.  Pies and Prejudice (Stewart Maconie) a book about Northern England, is a good read (we get a positive treatment) if you want a humorous take on it.
Lots to like about the city (not including the faux trying too hard scouse accents of some of the Merseyside ‘youf’).  Monarch’s don’t put in place governments, in any meaningful sense. The stacked deck of our system of voting does: a proportional one person one vote and we’d have a fairer society. 

Anyhoo, we’d be super excited about this match by now. Pisser. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

That’s absolutely fair enough when respect is given in return, try booing a minutes silence on respect of hillsbourgh and see the response you will get from the scouse cunts, yet these cretins feel they have the right to boo the national anthem or a minutes silence for the queen 

Liverpool fans getting blamed for something they haven’t done! Excepting a small minority, I expect pretty much all Liverpool fans would be respectful.

the PL panicked and shit their pants on Friday, when other sports were far more sensible, and now the PL need an excuse they blame the fans, and people actually lap it up!

Starting to understand why Liverpool fans have a victim complex considering the blame for this has immediately, unjustifiably been put on them. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

How can you possibly conflate booing the national anthem with 'booing Hillsborough'? What a weird thing to say 

I’m not, what I’m trying to say is they rightly expect the silence to be observed and respected, but won’t give the same respect themselves when requested, what I’m saying is there a bunch of hypocrite’s 

Edited by nufcnick

25 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

That’s absolutely fair enough when respect is given in return, try booing a minutes silence on respect of hillsbourgh and see the response you will get from the scouse cunts, yet these cretins feel they have the right to boo the national anthem or a minutes silence for the queen, this shit works both ways. As I said ever fan from every team should sing the national anthem when they play murderpool 

Booing the national anthem and booing a minute's silence for Hillsbrough is not REMOTELY comparable. :lol:

'both ways'? What ways? I mourn the deaths of those Liverpool fans regardless of who they support. And the families of those Liverpool fans are still in that crowd. Whereas, as a geordie Newcastle fan  I do not feel remotely offended by someone booing God Save The Queen - actually I think it's pretty cool. And it's theirs as much as it is ours.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I’m not, what I’m trying to say is they rightly expect the silence to be observed and respected, but won’t give the same respect themselves when requested, what I’m saying is there a bunch of hypocrite’s 

You’re getting wound up by something you’ve imagined in your own head. 

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

They haven't done owt yet man :lol:

7 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

This is bullshit. I bet they'll still be having a minutes silence when the games restart

Yep, just a bad call. Would have been more likely to have a collective show of respect if the games had went ahead. Increased the likelihood of people taking an opportunity to express dissatisfaction by postponing/disrupting hundreds of thousands of people’s plans and opportunities for pleasure/leisure. Imagine if they postpone the next lot of matches as well and still go for a minute’s silence first game back? Hope it doesn’t happen, but asking for trouble. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Yep, just a bad call. Would have been more likely to have a collective show of respect if the games had went ahead. Increased the likelihood of people taking an opportunity to express dissatisfaction by postponing/disrupting hundreds of thousands of people’s plans and opportunities for pleasure/leisure. Imagine if they postpone the next lot of matches as well and still go for a minute’s silence first game back? Hope it doesn’t happen, but asking for trouble. 

Yeah, exactly my thinking. Its bound to happen and it'll be 3 tmes as bad as it would have been if the games went ahead. There'll always be dickheads showing disrespect, but they're embarrassing themselves, not the rest of the country. Why tar everyone with the same brush 

23 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

It's totally different though really like. It's very easy to make the argument that the national anthem shouldn't be respected and more or less impossible to make the argument that Hillsborough shouldn't be respected. That's if it even happens anyway.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

The monarch is purely ceremonial. They have no choice over a government or what they do. 

56 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You seem nice.