West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Don't think anybody really noticed at the time but they attempted a minute's silence before the second half of the Hearts game at Tynecastle last night, just minutes after the announcement (I turned over to see if they would do anything before the second half) and it was extremely badly observed.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-minutes-silence-at-tynecastle-during-hearts-and-istanbul-basaksehir-game-cut-short-by-referee-3837081

Surprised to see that at Hearts.

Fwiw I'm not saying Liverpool definitely won't have one, nor that it won't be well observed (although I doubt it) just that it's another factor and if you're the PL making the decision, why risk it.

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Don't think anybody really noticed at the time but they attempted a minute's silence before the second half of the Hearts game at Tynecastle last night, just minutes after the announcement (I turned over to see if they would do anything before the second half) and it was extremely badly observed.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-minutes-silence-at-tynecastle-during-hearts-and-istanbul-basaksehir-game-cut-short-by-referee-3837081

Tbf I didn't say it would be well observed.

Do we think they'd cancel next week's games just in case Liverpool fans kick up a stink ? Chelsea away next weekend 

I think if they take next weekend’s games as a ‘round’ of games that are played from a Friday to a Monday then given the funeral will likely be on Monday 19th Sept then they will postpone the whole ‘round’ 

I just can’t see it being on. 

There isn't any Monday night football on the 19th as there's an international break so Sunday is the last days

Cant see any reason why it needs to be off. Unless the funeral is confirmed as a weekend day and not the Monday

Think they've taken a lot of criticism for postponing these games and been made to look (rightly) stupid by all other sports doing it properly.

So I reckon it'll be back on next weekend.

But once again, surprise surprise, they made this decision with no thought for the majority of actual fans - also again proving they're not fit to govern the sport.

7 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Think they've taken a lot of criticism for postponing these games and been made to look (rightly) stupid by all other sports doing it properly.

So I reckon it'll be back on next weekend.

But once again, surprise surprise, they made this decision with no thought for the majority of actual fans - also again proving they're not fit to govern the sport.

And dragging it out as well.

There’s stuff in the press talking about fan reaction being a reason games were kiboshed. Stinks of the Premier  League briefing, due to the negative reaction to their ridiculous decision. Which as Newcastle fans, we were all too used to during the takeover saga. 

44 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

A bit slow. But this afternoon has been canny so far. Thanks for asking ?

Went to the gym. Noticed a load of kids football matches taking place in the grounds of Astley High School so pulled over and shouted

"Traitors" 

"Scabs" 

"She's still fucking warm, man" 

at them through the fence. 

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sat struggling through the rugby feeling very annoyed. :lol: It's just the falseness of it all that makes it frustrating. It's not actually about respecting the Queen. 

Of course it's not, it's about looking down on people who dare to behave any different to you. Just like wearing a poppy, people are more interested in others not wearing them than what the poppy represents.