Loris Karius

NWMag

Guest reefatoon
4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

All the shit he had to go through after that final and how his career and mental health nosedived, I'm glad he's with us now to experience some good times. 

He also looks like he is loving his time here too. Big smiles on all the photos. Hope it all works out for him and when he is called upon he plays a blinder. it's great to see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2022 at 11:43, reefatoon said:

He also looks like he is loving his time here too. Big smiles on all the photos. Hope it all works out for him and when he is called upon he plays a blinder. it's great to see.

I think he’s an outstanding back up keeper, was top draw before that final 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Chicane said:

He's dating Diletta Liotta (worldie Italian reporter) and being handsomely paid to warm the bench. I think he's "reasonably happy" alright :cool:

Googled her, as any bald, married 59yr old would and have to say, the accompanying headline isn't very flattering... 

Screenshot_20221208_183815_com.android.chrome.jpg

Would absolutely love it if he 'came good' at Newcastle. Can just picture it now, FA Cup final at Wembley, Newcastle vs Liverpool. 60th minute and score 2-1 Newcastle when Pope has to go off injured. Karius comes on, liverpool fans abuse the F out him, and he saves a pen in the 97th min and we win :D

Edited by RobS

On 04/11/2022 at 11:51, Likelylad said:

Yeah, i genuinely think if he can get back to a decent standard, he could be a good option. 

You'd like to think he'd be reasonably happy being in a top 6/7 squad as a back up considering the last few years. 

I think Howe can work the Keegan magic bringing the best out of players even if they've had some hard times. Karius was a huge prospect once, he's got the talent, maybe just needs a confidence boost after a nightmare period at Liverpool.

Today I learnt (well yesterday) Karius is 3 years younger then Darlow.

Would probably be looking to tie Karius down to a 2/3 year contract and offload Darlow in January, Karius is younger and his ceiling in much higher then Darlow.

28 minutes ago, 54 said:

Would probably be looking to tie Karius down to a 2/3 year contract and offload Darlow in January, Karius is younger and his ceiling in much higher then Darlow.

Tbf Darlow's reached his

1 hour ago, 54 said:

I'm sure plenty of championship sides would be interested in Darlow. Perfect for that level.

I haven't watched yesterday's match but I never understood why he was available anyway? Seemed really strange to me that no one took a punt on him just because he was deemed surplus to requirements by Liverpool, irrespective of any gaffes in his time with them.