Loris Karius

NWMag

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Was just about to link this - interesting watch. Hope the lads mental baggage is behind him and he can move on, wouldn't surprise me to see him signed permanentlywith Howe working his magic

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Would rather have taken Ben Foster like, just for a bit more NUFC content on his Youtube. Probably a better keeper too.

Gillespie must be nowhere near the standard if he's not even trusted as a 3rd choice keeper. 

What are you talking about? We still need a keeper regardless if Gillespie is trusted or not. Sounds like Darlow is out till at least the new year and we need 3 keepers in the squad. Getting in Karius has nothing to do with Gillespie 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Emergency loans shouldn’t be allowed TBH. You go in with what you got. If it’s Gillespie then so be it IMO.

It’s not an emergency loan and we need 3 keepers in the squad :lol: how are people not understanding this? If pope gets sent off or injured on Sunday do we just carry on the following weeks with no substitute keeper? Yeah we could probably use a youth keeper but Darlow likely won’t be back till Jan so we’ve signed a keeper till January. 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That final would fuck you up like. No one's coming back from that. 

Stepping out at St James wouldn't be the worst way back, assuming he ever gets the call. Would be a redemption of sorts, for himself if not for agitated Liverpool fans.

Shame about Darlow and good luck to Karius. Welcome to NUFC! Whether it was a concussion or not or deliberate or not, the guy's been through the wringer.

I must admit I was happy to see Liverpool lose that final and that last one this year, but its only because the English football media fawn all over them. If there was any kind of objectivity, I wouldn't care either way.

5 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just grease him up with WD40 and wedge him between the sticks. No chance a ball will squeeze past him.

Karius.jpg?strip=all&w=575&quality=100

Is he planning to join Tim Wiese into professional wrestling or something? That physique can't be optimal for a keeper surely? :lol:

If Karius is deemed good enough they will extend this to the end of the season. Bringing back Dubravka would be a last resort IMO.

There's no ruling out that Karius might impress enough in training to get a long term deal as our number 2.