Garang Kuol

Johnny

For his size, he looks very strong. He must be made of concrete. And plenty of pace, of course.

I've only seen him in two short cameos, so I'm not sure how he is technically, but it certainly doesn't look like a weakness. Like most young players, he's a bit unsure of how and when to get involved, but that should improve with experience. 

We will all follow his development with interest.

So glad I’m not Scottish and never got dragged into the SPL. Went to Edinburgh Uni and a couple of Hibs games against Aberdeen because one of my best mates is a Dandy Dons fan. The quality in the match was very poor but the quality of the league and the potential for anyone to outperform Rangers and Celtic is also tragic 

On 13/01/2023 at 22:01, BonesJones said:

First time ever tuning in to bbc alba. This language is so similar to welsh, Mrs thought it was.

Absolutely bizarre that we have it tbh. About 15 people speak it. 

Thought Kuol did well on his debut. Should have been played through and also was robbed of an assist via an incredible miss. 

Would have came on sooner had we been comfortable but seeing as it was only 1-0 and they are it a team of hammer throwers it was probably best that he got around 15 mins. 

2 huge games for Hearts next week, 2 games that the fans expect and demand we win. Aberdeen at home in the league on Wednesday and Hibs away in the cup on Sunday. 

Gut feeling is that Kuol will get another sub appearance on Wednesday but could start at Hibs.

20 hours ago, gbandit said:

So glad I’m not Scottish and never got dragged into the SPL. Went to Edinburgh Uni and a couple of Hibs games against Aberdeen because one of my best mates is a Dandy Dons fan. The quality in the match was very poor but the quality of the league and the potential for anyone to outperform Rangers and Celtic is also tragic 

When were you at Edinburgh uni? I went to. (2007-11). Funnily enough I went to one Hibs game while I was there, and it was v Aberdeen too. (The same match where an Aberdeen fan dressed as a sheep was set on fire on a train after - and seriously injured).

Was there slightly earlier but with some overlap, 05-09. Did you stay in Pollock in first year? Such an amazing city, but especially for Uni. Also had the bonus experience of Boris Johnson wanting to be Uni Rector in ‘06 and in the bar at Pollock halls a student dumped a full pint over his head. We didn’t hear much from him after that 

On 14/01/2023 at 23:27, gbandit said:

Was there slightly earlier but with some overlap, 05-09. Did you stay in Pollock in first year? Such an amazing city, but especially for Uni. Also had the bonus experience of Boris Johnson wanting to be Uni Rector in ‘06 and in the bar at Pollock halls a student dumped a full pint over his head. We didn’t hear much from him after that 

:lol:

Don't think I knew about that with Johnson. Harry Cole (now The Sun political editor who Carrie Symonds left for Boris Johnson) ran for student union president, and lost, when I was there. I stayed in Sciennes in first year student accommodation flats on the corner of the Meadows

7 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

:lol:

Don't think I knew about that with Johnson. Harry Cole (now The Sun political editor who Carrie Symonds left for Boris Johnson) ran for student union president, and lost, when I was there. I stayed in Sciennes in first year student accommodation flats on the corner of the Meadows

No way, was that in ‘08 or ‘09 or later? That completely passed me by if it was when I was there. I can’t fucking stand university politics though and glad I wasn’t aware as Harry Cole is about vile as it gets. Would have celebrated him losing though. Had a few mates in Sciennes. Did you ever consider sticking around there after uni? I would have done if there’d been better work opportunities. Still got a good few mates in and around Edinburgh though so can’t wait to head back there later this year 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

No way, was that in ‘08 or ‘09 or later? That completely passed me by if it was when I was there. I can’t fucking stand university politics though and glad I wasn’t aware as Harry Cole is about vile as it gets. Would have celebrated him losing though. Had a few mates in Sciennes. Did you ever consider sticking around there after uni? I would have done if there’d been better work opportunities. Still got a good few mates in and around Edinburgh though so can’t wait to head back there later this year 

I think it was 08 actually - I think those student politics were easier to miss in later years. Yeah definitely, I fucking loved it - I go back every time I'm back in the country (currently living in Canada), I've got more mates there than Newcastle these days, most my best pals there stuck around. Almost liked it too much - nowhere I've lived since has measured up.

31 minutes ago, Gh0StFaC3 said:

Anyone know if the Aberdeen game is being televised anywhere (live or delayed) other than the HeartsTV subscription stream?

Best I can find is highlights on Sportscene BBC Scotland 11pm.

Probably get more on YT.