Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Watched him on our sportscence highlights at the weekend. Only on at half time, had a 1 on 1 chance he should have scored. Apart from that good movement and got into good spaces.

Looking forward to watching him in a few weeks when we play against Hearts.

Involved in a couple of decent attacking plays, but there were very few opportunities for him (or any of their players) against a far superior Rangers side.  Felt like 80% of the game was played in Hearts own half.

I rarely watch the SPL and was surprised at the huge gulf in class between 2nd & 3rd... Really reminded me it's a 2-team league.

Didn't see it but read the Jambos match thread. He was picked in central fucking midfield for god's sake... then he was moved up front where he was involved in a couple of decent attacks made a good run and set up McKay for a sitter (apparently)... then was hooked at half time when they had to make urgent changes to rejig their inadequate midfield.

The loan is hardly a rip-roaring success at this stage.

I was looking through Hearts line up the other day on flash scores and they have quite a few Ozzies in the team, I'm sure that must have been a big factor why he went If most teams we're promising him game time. Still not sure whether the club thought that would help him settle in the UK easier or whether Koul himself chose it himself or if in fact that was even a factor :lol:

19 hours ago, Smal said:

Hearts fans on twitter seem to think he started in central midfield :lol:. Don’t send any more players up there please Dan.

???

I tuned in at about 15 minutes, unless he was somewhere else before that, he was definitely playing centre forward.

He's a super confident kid so the experience won't have damaged him. But Hearts are shooting themselves in both feet by playing him out of position - they don't get full value from him and cause other clubs to doubt them as a loan destination.

Edited by Coastie