Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

1 minute ago, Coastie said:

I agree with most of your points, except the comparable quality - which is probably like arguing about angels dancing on a pinhead. 

Bottom line is that GK is excelling in a league good enough to be taken seriously by the likes of Barcelona and NUFC.

Yep, agreed - though Kuol's scouting will have nothing to do with the quality of the league, and only the potential quality of the player.  Gems can be found in any league in the world, irrespective of the wider quality.  Hopefully, the lad develops and becomes a star at NUFC.  Happily, he seems like a good kid - he comes across as intelligent and with a decent family around him, which should help him settle in Europe and in his career.

And I'm hoping 'we' beat your boys tonight, Coastie ;) ho'way the Wanderers :) 

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Just set up the opening goal within 2 minutes with some intensive pressing, catches the defender in possession.

Great sign he's a good fit for Howe high press and forcing turnovers. Exciting we are bringing in such top youngsters with high potential.

Just got back, the lad played really well when he came on - he's even more energetic in the flesh than the TV coverage might show, as he's constantly harrying and moving off the ball.  The lad has a football brain as well as the energy levels - he actually reminded me a bit of Pedro tonight; as happy to do the graft as show off the skills on the ball.

You can see he's still a raw talent, he'll need proper develop on loan to a decent European league for a year or so first.  But looks the part for his age - and at 300k, it is hardly a gamble.

Edit: I suspect that some bulking up will need to occur first, too.  No doubt he'll 'fill out', but he still looked like a kid.  Mainly because he is tbf.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

1 hour ago, hakka said:

Great sign he's a good fit for Howe high press and forcing turnovers. Exciting we are bringing in such top youngsters with high potential.

Almost like our recruitment is actually targeting players that would fit the way we want to play, rather than the scattergun, ‘he looks decent’ approach of the past.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Almost like our recruitment is actually targeting players that would fit the way we want to play, rather than the scattergun, ‘he looks decent’ approach of the past.

Definitely. Instead of going by favours for agents, who's got a release clause or close to contract end stuff. Incredible that was what dictated our transfer policy for a decade and a half mostly.

Yeah, I'd be wary of bulking him up too much. He already looks strong enough for what he does and runs like a gazelle - don't want to screw around with that.

He'll bulk up naturally as he ages, in any case.

Played brilliantly the other night (again), but I wish Monty would start him. Almost too late now as he'll almost certainly go to the World Cup and then there'll be just a handful of matches before he joins the Toon.