Fulham 1-4 Newcastle United (01/10/2022)

Disco

Know it's not as easy to judge the performance given the early red, but we've been class like. Cutting through them, making the absolute most of the extra man. 

Goal-aside, Miggy has been good. Something he doesn't often get enough credit for is the constant running he makes, and the understanding he has with Bruno and Trippier to get on the end of things. Now, goal-not-aside, what a fucking finish. Good lord. :lol:

Great first half.  Commentary keeps mentioning that Fulham have injured players and aren't at their full strength but somehow haven't noticed that we aren't exactly at full strength either.

I'd love to see what might happen if we had Isak or ASM available too.

Haven’t been this relaxed watching NUFC in years.  Absolute bliss.  Would be nice to get more, but a comfy win gained without further injuries would be good.  I’d be tempted to bring off Wilson and Bruno if we either get a 4th or the score is still the same after around 60 mins

Two schools of thought:

1. Game was over after the red card, Fulham were unprepared for such a situation, especially since Mitro needs support.

2. In the past we have seen NUFC spurn such advantages and its nice to see us do the normal thing. Also, we started bright and forced the red card.

We need to give Anderson minutes and wrap Wilson in cotton wool ASAP.

This has been a disaster class from Fulham about how not to play when going a man down, they've continually allowed us to have lots of space between the lines and out wide, they've pretty much stuck to their original game plan, and not sat in and tried to be as compact as possible. When they went a man down I was actually slightly worried we'd struggle to break them down a bit like Bournemouth a few weeks back, but we've moved the ball quickly, had plenty of runners, and Tripps and Bruno have dictated play, with some really neat one touch passing, and generally been mint.

Special mention to Mbabu, who has vindicated the decision Rafa made in getting rid of him, he was utter tripe, and made Murphy look like a world beater. 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

I think everyone can see that we are playing well, but Fulham are horrific AND Murphy is still shite.

Murphy has been pretty decent today tbh and tore Mbabu apart with regularity. 

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Mitro just sitting down and pointing at his ankle like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and going off sums it up. No Fulham player looks like they want to be out there right now. 

reminds me of 90% of performances during the Ashley era