Newcastle United 5-1 Brentford (08/10/2022)

Disco

15 minutes ago, 54 said:

Lovely stuff that, they're a decent team, and actually think they showed their quality at times, but we managed to limit them for the most part (Pen aside) and attacked with pace and precision time and again, and forced them into mistakes continually. Love this team. 

Agreed. I thin today was a pretty stern test of our ambitions to be a top club, and we passed with flying colours. It's these little things that matter in the growth of the club. We could easily lose to Southampton in a couple of weeks, but tat won't mean a thing in the bigger picture. FFS we're celebrating Jacob Murphy today.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Feels really good. Absolutely brilliant to be part of the new Newcastle and have hope and ambition. Hunger and desire from the players is first class 🙌

Hope and ambition are evil mistresses without belief and, more importantly, ability. Howe, and to a lesser extent [I'm delighted to say] PIF's money, has given us both.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I love how the players do sense the tide turning and they pounce even more and they are pressing harder to force mistakes and try and change the game.

Absolutely right. The general mindset is so positive. Sometimes it'll go against us: losing the point at Liverpool; sometimes today happens...

24 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

About 15 minutes into watching the replay, never seen an opposition player bitch as much as Toney :lol:

Make sure you watch the second rate Bruno a week Sunday…

Great result, and a fitting way to celebrate the anniversary of the takeover. We didn't play that well, but enough of our lads did the business in the moments that mattered and the system, the hard work, the planning, etc.  did the rest.

It looks like we're genuinely going places, and we're going there without the "billion pounds in transfer fees" that that idiot Luke Edwards says we need to get into the Top 4.

Regardless of where we're heading though, we all know where we've been and it's a place that demands every big win like this is celebrated. Five fucking one! Get in!

This has been coming. 5-1 and 4-1 scorelines don't flatter us one bit. The fitness levels are so incredible compared to any previous manager. Everyone is so, so energetic. Players like Almirón, Murphy, Longstaff who at times were written off now all look like they can play a part.in a good side. Brilliant coaching. Our mentality is special.

10 minutes ago, Memphis said:

This has been coming. 5-1 and 4-1 scorelines don't flatter us one bit. The fitness levels are so incredible compared to any previous manager. Everyone is so, so energetic. Players like Almirón, Murphy, Longstaff who at times were written off now all look like they can play a part.in a good side. Brilliant coaching. Our mentality is special.

You could say 2/5 goals today were due to the fitness and pressing our team does. Amazing to see after gasping for air after 20 mins under Bruce.

Edited by Andybiotics

Didn’t play well??? We dominated that match and made proper adjustments every time we needed to make them and the game turned further in our favor. We pounced on mistakes where in years past wed fluff. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Didn’t play well??? We dominated that match and made proper adjustments every time we needed to make them and the game turned further in our favor. We pounced on mistakes where in years past wed fluff. 

Tbh, I didn't think we were that fluent today, although I was watching in a room with family around who were talking over the game so I couldn't really watch with full attention as they kept trying to involve me in their conversations. I'll have to watch it again to see it properly.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Tbh, I didn't think we were that fluent today, although I was watching in a room with family around who were talking over the game so I couldn't really watch with full attention as they kept trying to involve me in their conversations. I'll have to watch it again to see it properly.

then why have that opinion man :lol:

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Just watched whole first half, Bruno, Miggy and Tripps outstanding, Willock played well but a shout out to our set pieces, they were different gravy today, Tripps magnificent cross for Bruno.

It probably won't get a mention but Almiron's corner was hit with some pace, having a player of Trippier's quality alongside means he can do that with confidence. The best thing that Howe has done is facilitate that kind of confident attitude throughout.