Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

26 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Gutted this isn’t televised :embarrassed:

They've made the terrible choice to go for Villa vs Chelsea instead. 

Other than Liverpool vs City later that day you'd imagine our game against Man Utd would draw the biggest TV crowd if it were on.

As well as Willock has been playing i think beefing up the midfield with Joelinton while allowing Bruno to move forwards means keeping Longstaff in that sitting role. Probs bring Targett in at left back too. I think Murphy will start, ASM will get 30 mins. 

Be toughest game since city, a point would be a good result.

No way Murphy starts if ASM is fully fit, Murphy has done well but they are different levels. Joelinton provides the cover on the left so ASM can stay up the pitch. Starting Murphy over a fit ASM is absolutely crackers 

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Be toughest game since city, a point would be a good result.

No way Murphy starts if ASM is fully fit, Murphy has done well but they are different levels. Joelinton provides the cover on the left so ASM can stay up the pitch. Starting Murphy over a fit ASM is absolutely crackers 

Joe and Maxi we’ll rested too and they’ve got a game Thursday.

Our press could be massive against them.

If we get 3 points from either this, Tottenham or Chelsea it’s really going to feel like we’ve entered a completely different level. We know we’re going to be competitive, but it’s only when you get the wins that the belief really starts to come 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

If we get 3 points from either this, Tottenham or Chelsea it’s really going to feel like we’ve entered a completely different level. We know we’re going to be competitive, but it’s only when you get the wins that the belief really starts to come 

I think winning this and/or Spurs would be huge statements because theyre away from home, as I don't think we've beaten a big 6 side away from home since Spurs under Bruce, August 2019?

I genuinely don't fear anyone at SJP.

42 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

They've made the terrible choice to go for Villa vs Chelsea instead. 

Other than Liverpool vs City later that day you'd imagine our game against Man Utd would draw the biggest TV crowd if it were on.

Apart from away fans not getting fucked about for TV schedules let's not advocate us being on all the time based on popularity. One of the beefs about Sky, in particular, and all the tv stakeholder's content is it's not spread out enough.

I really hope we don´t keep longstaff in midfield for Manu, he has been making too many mistakes for me and is too slow releasing the ball (gets caught too often), and a midfield of Big joe, willock and Bruno is much more competitive.

With regard to Maxi and Murphy; I would rather Maxi was on for 60-70 mins and if we are winning we bring on murphy who is better defensively and can counter if necessary...

4 minutes ago, buzza said:

I really hope we don´t keep longstaff in midfield for Manu, he has been making too many mistakes for me and is too slow releasing the ball (gets caught too often), and a midfield of Big joe, willock and Bruno is much more competitive.

With regard to Maxi and Murphy; I would rather Maxi was on for 60-70 mins and if we are winning we bring on murphy who is better defensively and can counter if necessary...

Keeping Willock in is fine by me like, I'm just thinking that if we do it probably means Bruno being the one that sits deep, which is fine but doesn't get the best out of him.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Keeping Willock in is fine by me like, I'm just thinking that if we do it probably means Bruno being the one that sits deep, which is fine but doesn't get the best out of him.

I agree. But Longstaff for me has been a level much lower than the others, would rather tighten us up and bring maxi back in tbh...

Not sure if Howe will drop Murphy after his goal tbh. I reckon we’ll probably see Maxi coming on late or if we go behind (we’ll need him fresh to get after a tough low-block Everton side later on in the week). Longstaff is probably the easiest to drop and we’ll see Joelinton starting imo. 

Tldr: same XI but Big Joe in for Longstaff.