Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Let’s not beat around the bush here Kaka you know your stuff. 

Wasn't trying to gloat :lol:

I just think so many of the more quick, direct and maybe a bit more basic wingers are so underated nowadays. Players that would have been more like Aaron Lennon or Jermaine Pennant back in the day.

Wouldn't have minded us taking a punt on Elanga as an option for the right side.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

World :lol: 

Would’ve loved him but did you miss the part that he didn’t want to come?

He’s consistently one of the best players in the best league in the world.

Nah, I know he preferred Tottenham. Just annoyed that he isn’t our player after being linked for so long.

Just now, KaKa said:

Wasn't trying to gloat :lol:

I just think so many of the more quick, direct and maybe a bit more basic wingers are so underated nowadays. Players that would have been more like Aaron Lennon or Jermaine Pennant back in the day.

Wouldn't have minded us taking a punt in Elanga as an option for the right side.

You reckon Barnes and Gordon fall under the category?

2 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Because he wanted to go to spurs

"James Maddison, a player at relegated Leicester both coaching staff and directors loved, was not a priority as they sought to fill other positions; though they were prepared to pivot to him if the deal made financial sense and other options fell through."

https://theathletic.com/4825644/2023/09/02/inside-newcastle-transfer-window-deals?source=user-shared-article

Just now, McCormick said:

Nah, I know he preferred Tottenham. Just annoyed that he isn’t our player after being linked for so long.

I think it was between either him or Tonali no? Not sure we ever firmed up our interest once Tonali was a goer.

Don't think we would have looked at him for the right side as Howe seems to prefer more dynamic wide men.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Accepted but he can’t do it at international level 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, for sure. That's why I was happy with both signings.

Same. Really liking the look of Gordon. I was pretty ‘meh’ about him in January but the deal looks like it’s starting to come to fruition. 

barnes is a better player than Gordon too so if Howe can get another couple of levels out of him I think we’ll be flying. Really exciting front 3.