Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

The biggest improvement that was giving us confidence was the chances we are creating. Feels like we weren't creating anything last season apart from Fernandes playing high risk/high reward passes. Our wingers were wildly wasteful.

Fernandes has been abysmal this season as well. Not a great sign when your best player, captain and most creative player by far (who's just got a bumper contract), is one of the worst performers on the pitch.

Bait GIF

45 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think Newcastle fans try to act like it isn't reliable as they don't want to admit Lloyd Kelly is on £150k a week. :lol: 

It is a weird obsession within parts of the fan base to claim bargains all the time. If there's three reports of a fee or wage varying from low - mid - high in the news about a new player of ours, the low fee/wage will mainly be the one you find quoted on here.

An example that springs to mind immediately is when we bought Trippier it was always an initial ~£12m with a reported significant add-on reported to be an additional £12m if we stayed up, but you won't see much of that mentioned here. Only that Trippier at £12m was a bargain. (I'd say £24m was well worth it anyway)

Perhaps this is something that all fan bases does out of some sort of weird tribalism :lol: I don't frequent or read much on other teams social media platforms to know if it is.

20 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It is a weird obsession within parts of the fan base to claim bargains all the time. If there's three reports of a fee or wage varying from low - mid - high in the news about a new player of ours, the low fee/wage will mainly be the one you find quoted on here.

An example that springs to mind immediately is when we bought Trippier it was always an initial ~£12m with a reported significant add-on reported to be an additional £12m if we stayed up, but you won't see much of that mentioned here. Only that Trippier at £12m was a bargain. (I'd say £24m was well worth it anyway)

Perhaps this is something that all fan bases does out of some sort of weird tribalism :lol: I don't frequent or read much on other teams social media platforms to know if it is.

Definitely something I do anyway. Love when a deal we do is considered a bargain, as it's a rarity :lol: