Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Shame Arsenal won (although the title is nowhere near my radar this season, would be ecstatic with 4th, and would take 6th if offered), but how good does 'Arsenal move x points clear of Newcastle' sound, and that as it stands, we are the nearest challengers :indi:

We've never been in these dizzy heights after a sustained amount of matches for almost 20 years.

19 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Paqueta must wonder why he went there, he spends large portions of games with the ball either flying over his head or he's chasing it forlornly. He needs to be in a progressive possession-based side. Moyes' West Ham is completely the wrong setup.

Didn't think he was great at the World Cup either, mind. Don't think he's a patch on Bruno who many claimed he was much better than. 

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Grandoldteam is mint these days. 

Mjpopcorn.gif

Gutted they hide their forum about other clubs. Would love to read the absolute vile about us. Mackem levels of hatred I reckon. 

They could genuinely go down like. We could have had 6 men second half up here and they wouldn’t have scored. Sold Richarlison and replaced him with Dwight McNeil and Neil Maupay man. :lol: 

6 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Paqueta must wonder why he went there, he spends large portions of games with the ball either flying over his head or he's chasing it forlornly. He needs to be in a progressive possession-based side. Moyes' West Ham is completely the wrong setup.

He went because despite being linked with us and Arsenal, neither were actually going for him, at least not at the price he was being sold for.

Going to West Ham seemed like a good move. They have had 2 very good seasons previously, and going there to turn it on for a few games would almost certainly be enough to attract better teams.

On 24/12/2022 at 07:57, Optimistic Nut said:

Put the Edinburgh clubs in England and once they start getting the English TV money and the commercial deals, etc, no reason they couldn't be at least like Norwich, Bournemouth, Fulham, etc. Would take a few years to get there but they'd do it.

This is what I mean. There are a few clubs up there that would be good sized clubs if they were in a league where they could grow.

I love Hearts to bits and if there was a team who I’d want to break the Old Firm, it’s them. The fact that the League and whole of Scottish football is engineered to keep them both at the top is killing them. Hearts etc could easily become a team getting 30k-40k fans a week. I’d much rather them up there in the league trying to get into Europe than fucking Everton.

Whatever happens Scottish football needs a reset, and they probably need a British & Irish League with or without the top clubs.