Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

5 hours ago, Lish007 said:

If we're not gonna win the league, then I'd rather Villa did. Really push the noses out of joint.

They're years ahead of us in terms of development and have a great academy. Now they have a great manager, it's all clicking and I'm happy to enjoy it on their behalf. 

It's about time someone else rattled the upper echelons and I really hope they can keep this up! 

Our owners really do know how to pick a good manager. 

We will be there soon but we've had to come from waaaay further back. Our academy is only just getting started! 

You say way further back but Villa have finished above us once in the league in the past decade (and that was only by one place). It’s not like they’ve been this very well run club for a long time. Emery is a very smart man who bought well in the summer.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

You say way further back but Villa have finished above us once in the league in the past decade (and that was only by one place). It’s not like they’ve been this very well run club for a long time. Emery is a very smart man who bought well in the summer.

Way back in terms of academy. They had the same problems with managers over the years. Selling Grealish has set them and now they're on a great upward trajectory because they have a manager who knows who to buy. 

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Absolutely they bought well, the price we were quoted for Diaby last season was crackers. I’m sure if we wanted Pau Torres we would have also been quoted a daft fee. 

We did balls up by passing on Kamara though. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Absolutely they bought well, the price we were quoted for Diaby last season was crackers. I’m sure if we wanted Pau Torres we would have also been quoted a daft fee. 

We did balls up by passing on Kamara though. 

It depends what the knock-on effect was. If it meant us missing out on someone then I'm not so sure, as we've also bought well.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It depends what the knock-on effect was. If it meant us missing out on someone then I'm not so sure, as we've also bought well.

It would have likely meant pushing Bruno further coward and having Kamara as the six. 

and he was free let’s not forget, the cost probably could be covered by getting another commercial partner. 

Mad season this, Villa look nailed on for top four. If so, then City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa is already pretty much decided. Wish we had the players to compete but injuries mean we don’t have a chance at top four. I think the fifth spot is still up for grabs but is dependent on us somehow getting through this December and new year period without getting completely cut adrift 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Mad season this, Villa look nailed on for top four. If so, then City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa is already pretty much decided. Wish we had the players to compete but injuries mean we don’t have a chance at top four. I think the fifth spot is still up for grabs but is dependent on us somehow getting through this December and new year period without getting completely cut adrift 

Just checked the league table and bugger me, we aren't even half way through the season yet !