Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Two leagues will get an additional spot each year in the new CL format. 

Yeah but isn't that through some dodgy fucking automatic placing based on past performance back door?

Just now, Sima said:

Should have brought back the Cup Winner’s Cup instead of this shitshow.

What would be the point? :lol:

How is it a shitshow? I've literally seen zero evidence of this being in any way a bullshit competition other than Spurs deciding to chuck it. But fuck them. 

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m surprised the conference league has been accepted as a major trophy tbh. Everyone thought it was an embarrassing joke when it was first proposed.

The name doesn’t help.  It sounds like a competition that the top leagues would not be part of. 

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

No it doesn't, they would only get an additional CL place if they won it.

Maximum through the league is 4.

The top two countries with the highest coefficient get an extra Champions League spot from next season, so West Ham winning makes that happen.

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

The name doesn’t help.  It sounds like a competition that the top leagues would not be part of. 

Only in this country, really, because The Conference has a different connotation.

I know I'd rather be in Prague watching us in this final right now than sat at home watching West Ham in it.

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Should have brought back the Cup Winner’s Cup instead of this shitshow.

At least one of them should be a cup tournament. Far better for the neutral but its all about content now.

Having the same format as the CL may as well just say these are B and C mini-champions league

*fuck of West Ham btw, knew the yobbish c8nts would get rewarded

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

At least it'd stop them going on about how 'they' won us the World Cup in 1966, mind.

I mean about them helping England claim an extra place through performance.

Just now, brummie said:

Yeah but isn't that through some dodgy fucking automatic placing based on past performance back door?

I don’t know exactly but don’t think so. IIRC English and Dutch leagues would’ve got the extra CL spot for this season due to their performances last season.