Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Unfortunately we haven’t turned up since beating Southampton in the 2nd leg. 

So 2 game where our best player has been missing, and we still got a draw in each game despite not being at our best?

Edited by Stifler

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I wouldn’t read too much into our recent form or theirs, will be a totally different game in the final. Expecting them to be slight favourites but mainly because they’re a club used to winning with players who have some experience of winning. We have some great leaders in our team though

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

So 2 game where our best player has been missing, and we still got a draw in each game despite not being at our best.

A draw won’t win you the final and Man U are without their best players but still win.

Anything can happen in a final but Man U have no problem scoring at the moment so I just don’t see the whole “the more I’m convinced we can beat these” being that clear cut.  

Undeserved score line that, with better finishing Leeds would have been 2 or 3 up before they tired and let Man u back in it. Poor game, almost as bad as ours yesterday but man u have a way of getting goals even when they look shocking.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

A draw won’t win you the final and Man U are without their best players but still win.

Anything can happen in a final but Man U have no problem scoring at the moment so I just don’t see the whole “the more I’m convinced we can beat these” being that clear cut.  

We've literally not lost all season when we have a full strength or close to full strength team (I think 5 or 6 were missing v Liverpool?). Provided we don't bottle the occasion, we definitely have a very real chance.

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Why? Is it the 4 goals they’ve scored in last two games or the 3 in our last 6?

I’d love us to obviously but our current form has to change before I can see it personally.

Because every time I've watched them they have failed to impress me, and ground out a lot of wins with tight margins. Obviously we need to be a little bit more at it than yesterday 

2 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

We've literally not lost all season when we have a full strength or close to full strength team (I think 5 or 6 were missing v Liverpool?). Provided we don't bottle the occasion, we definitely have a very real chance.

Agreed e we do have a very real chance but all I’m saying since December 21st Man U have won 11 drew 2 lost 1 so they also have a very real chance as well.

We never get beat where they have been beat but nearly always win - will be interesting.

What worries me about man utd is the fact they can play for the full 90, a lot of their wins/goals have come at the end of the game where legs are tiring. We need to get our goal(s) early and try and survive the onslaught they'll produce at the end and with how jaded our players look at the moment I think its a big ask.