Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Really good quality football by both teams tonight. Personally I don't think Pep will ever get the credit he deserves for transforming English football up and down the pyramid. 

21 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They all have to start somewhere :)

History means a lot too - but it’s UEFA’s third competition.  I’m really glad they’ve started it up - and that Roma won the first iteration, which raises the profile.

I personally hate what the ‘Champions League’ has become - the nadir was the Liverpool vs Spurs final - two clubs which hadn’t won a domestic title in a combined total of c.90 years vying to become champions of Europe.  Fucking ludicrous.  There’s no fixing that now, but a third tournament means more clubs have a chance to compete, and it presents a chance for some of the nations which used to be competitive to be so in Europe again.

No, it’s absolutely correct that all European nations have entries.  I detest the smug elitism of the ‘big five’ European leagues.  As if fucking PSG or RB Leipzig have better pedigree than Dynamo Kiev, Steaua Bucharest or Red Star Belgrade. 

Top post :clap:

Great ball in considering it was bobbling like a mutha.

Sheff Wed record points not to go up automatically too. Not a chance they weren’t going to fuck the playoffs.

There definitely seems to be something in the fact that a team that narrowly misses out on automatic promotion, doesn't have the mentality for the play-offs, despite being the better team.