Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I don't think that was done to favour Liverpool, and it was correct

But I've thought before, there's all this scrutiny of the mm differences along the line, but never much of them selecting the right frame based on when the ball is kicked. Things move so fast, that's v important and must also be difficult to determine precisely when it's tight.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Was a genuine question. What defines a phase?

It's the same phase of play but the ball wasn't passed to Jones it was passed to Salah so it doesn;t matter where Jones was

I'm gonna get absolute dog shit thrown at me for this but I think top 4 is gone if we don't win Thursday. I'm not confident on that Chelsea game at all, even though I know how bad they are I can just see it being a really shit draw.

1 minute ago, Nate said:

It can’t have been but it genuinely looked as though that’s exactly what happened [emoji38] Would love to hear the audio for it.

Definitely looked like they scrolled back to find a better frame. 

That’s the issue with VAR anyway though, it’s not even accurate enough to define when the pass is made. 

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

But I've thought before, there's all this scrutiny of the mm differences along the line, but never much of them selecting the right frame based on when the ball is kicked. Things move so fast, that's v important and must also be difficult to determine precisely when it's tight.

Agree, there are multiple failure points on a decision that can come down to centimeters.

Just now, Decky said:

I'm gonna get absolute dog shit thrown at me for this but I think top 4 is gone if we don't win Thursday. I'm not confident on that Chelsea game at all, even though I know how bad they are I can just see it being a really shit draw.

We’ve been great in the capital this season.

2 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I don’t see how they can define when the pass was made to make a decision based on millimetres. It doesn’t work. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Looked offside on that second goal, did they draw the lines?

I thought that, but seen a still and the little tick of white that looks like it could be the trim on Jones' left sleeve is (well I think it is anyway) Evans' boot. Onside is the right call there in fairness.

Just now, joeyt said:

It's the same phase of play but the ball wasn't passed to Jones it was passed to Salah so it doesn;t matter where Jones was

If it’s the same phase and the ball ends up from Salah immediately to Jones can’t it be argued Jones benefitted from straying offside as the ball was played to Salah? As I said, I understand the phase of play argument when someone has jogged back, but that wasn’t the case here