Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Brighton have some really good players, I don't see a weakness anywhere for them, perhaps in goal, but the keeper tonight did really well.

No striker. Although I suppose Ferguson is going to be the one - and Pedro now too coming in the summer.

I don't see how that is a good result for us. It keeps Brighton in touch with us and also gives Liverpool extra incentive to keep winning. Man Utd are not finishing outside of the top four either by the way. Their final four games are very winnable.

Just now, pubteam said:

Was only way Brighton were going to score. Come on let's make 3rd place ours.

Eh? They looked pretty dangerous at the end to me.

Anyway, amazing wait before the penalty. What a showman.

Draw would have been best for us.

Fuck Man United though, officials tried to fuck Brighton yet again, so many dodgy decisions. Antony and Casemiro should have been sent off.

Just now, Dokko said:

Hopefully Manure spiral now. That's a huge body blow to them. Shaw looked ruined.

Every time we've lost we've rebounded with a win. 

Most of us had Brighton away as a loss anyway. They could only score a penalty against us in 180 minutes with a makeshift defence. We've done well.

Amazing celebrations on here. Biggest of the season so far. I hope you celebrate getting top four more. :lol:

Just now, Froggy said:

Most of us had Brighton away as a loss anyway. They could only score a penalty against us in 180 minutes with a makeshift defence. We've done well.

Amazing celebrations on here. Biggest of the season so far. I hope you celebrate getting top four more. :lol:

Rattled. :lol:

Fuck me! Peter Schmiecal (?sp) on comments saying he doesn’t know if it’s a penalty, he hasn’t seen it, no one reacted, the ref didn’t give it, looks like Shaw could have been pushed…..one eyed beyond belief

Owen Hargreaves….Luke Shaw was playing volleyball 🤣

Most times i've seen them this year, Man Utd have been spectacularly average, bailed out by Rashford half the time. I don't get the esteem ETH is held in, it's like they're afraid to admit it when the manager they picked isn't what they thought.

Just now, Wandy said:

I don't see how that is a good result for us. It keeps Brighton in touch with us and also gives Liverpool extra incentive to keep winning. Man Utd are not finishing outside of the top four either by the way. Their final four games are very winnable.

They still have Man City to play - when they lose that (and it is when) then the maximum they can get is 70 and that’s with arsenal to play as well.

They’re really not a problem

Just now, Gawalls said:

They still have Man City to play - when they lose that (and it is when) then the maximum they can get is 70 and that’s with arsenal to play as well.

They’re really not a problem

Was thinking more of the dippers tbh. Gives them real incentive to beat Brentford now.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Bad news for the bed wetters but our squad are fully erect at home right now at the thought of finishing 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

567C4877-95C6-4818-9FFA-ED7239DD0C49.webp

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

No striker. Although I suppose Ferguson is going to be the one - and Pedro now too coming in the summer.

Yeah,they don't always need to rely on a striker the way they play, the way they flood forward. They do actually remind me a lot of us. We have some slightly better players, but in one or two areas they also have players I'd consider levels above one or two of ours.

Great to watch and have no fear of who they face,Leicester were once upon a time fearless like this side.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Most times i've seen them this year, Man Utd have been spectacularly average, bailed out by Rashford half the time. I don't get the esteem ETH is held in, it's like they're afraid to admit it when the manager they picked isn't what they thought.

You're right you know. I don't know why we are fond of a manager who has won a trophy in his first season and already got more points and wins that last year despite there being 5 games left. 

FA Cup final to boot. Baffling really. Get him out. Get Ole back. 

Can’t be arsed to look it up, maybe someone knows the answer to this:

The game is in injury time, and the ref misses a penalty call.  VAR is reviewing it, and spots that there should be a pen - but the ball doesn’t go out of play at any point and the ref blows the final whistle.

Can the final whistle be cancelled to go back and review the VAR?

Just now, Froggy said:

You're right you know. I don't know why we are fond of a manager who has won a trophy in his first season and already got more points and wins that last year despite there being 5 games left. 

FA Cup final to boot. Baffling really. Get him out. Get Ole back. 

Foaming at tonight. I get it.

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

Bad news for the bed wetters but our squad are fully erect at home right now at the thought of finishing 3rd.

Not bed wetting per se, but that result just made it more likely that LFC will be 3 points behind us before our game on Sunday. I'd rather not have that extra pressure, thanks.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Was thinking more of the dippers tbh. Gives them real incentive to beat Brentford now.

I know its probably down to rearranged fixtures, but very convenient that LiVARpool against Brentford will also be their 3rd home match on the spin.

Nowt like a bit of home advantage to go along with all that lovely VAR help.