Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

15 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

If it’s the same phase and the ball ends up from Salah immediately to Jones can’t it be argued Jones benefitted from straying offside as the ball was played to Salah? As I said, I understand the phase of play argument when someone has jogged back, but that wasn’t the case here

No, that's not how offside rule works.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

No more a load of shit that Liverpool are only winning because of VAR.

How can finishing 5th set us back a couple of years when that would be beyond our expectations this season ?

Qualify for the Champions League and a lot of the FFP problems go away, we can buy some serious fuck off players, increase wages and challenge for the top 4 consistently. Europa league not so much if at all.

Just now, Nobody said:

Leicester have been utter pathetic so far. Absolutely not a fucking chance in hell they get something from this game :anguish:

Everything I feared. They're geared up for midtable coasting not fighting for their lives and ruffling feathers even though that's their only chance.

Looking at this Leicester performance it’s surely impossible we don’t beat them which means we will go into the last game at Chelsea 4th regardless of what other teams do, we will likely need to win it though .

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Qualify for the Champions League and a lot of the FFP problems go away, we can buy some serious fuck off players, increase wages and challenge for the top 4 consistently. Europa league not so much if at all.

But still it doesnt take us back two seasons [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Looking at this Leicester performance it’s surely impossible we don’t beat them which means we will go into the last game at Chelsea 4th regardless of what other teams do, we will likely need to win it though .

If we need to win that to stop Liverpool or Man Utd from getting top 4 then half their crowd will be willing us on to do it :lol:

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Everything I feared. They're geared up for midtable coasting not fighting for their lives and ruffling feathers even though that's their only chance.

When they were good their weird milquetoast atmosphere seemed to work to their benefit. No pressure and the players thrived. But like you say it's to their detriment now their players are gutless and pathetic. Can you imagine Goodison, Elland Road or City Ground in this situation ffs. The team might be shit but at least it would be a hate filled cauldron.

It’s not gonna take us back back two seasons. But it could very well mean that it takes us a couple of years extra to get to where we want, compared to say if we make the CL now. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

It’s not gonna take us back back two seasons. But it could very well mean that it takes us a couple of years extra to get to where we want, compared to say if we make the CL now. 

That's what I meant. Thanks.