Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Been a really pish game. Man United to pinch this late on.

Normally for a Man United - Liverpool match, my main hope would be for neither side to get anything and for an asteroid impact event on the ground, but today I very much hope Man United win this.

22 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Don't think i've ever once wanted them to win a game in my entire life. Might change when they play Arsenal, they've somehow become as or even more sufferable.

These are my truths :lol::

Someone’s got to win a thing. If it’s not us, then who? Who’s the default I can cope with?

Grew up North London. You were basically either Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool so I hated them both. Happy for Man U to be a default i didn’t care about. Then Abramovich came in so Chelsea were first loathed, then fulfilled the “won the lottery so their success and “fans” mean nothing” role. Then Man City did the same only more obviously, and with the advantage of not being London. Then winning doesn’t mean anything to me, so they’re the ideal default. 

Now i’m torn. Man U and Chelsea being shite is funny but removes two defaults. City showing fragility might end up removing another. Of course I don’t want anyone else joining the party to make things harder so I’d rather not have you guys or Villa. That just leaves Liverpool or the Arse. I used to hate Liverpool more in the 80s then Arsenal overtook them. Now it’s a sort of reverse Sophie's choice. Have to go with Liverpool, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Szobo with a clear dive and should be booked and more importantly mocked relentlessly.

This is starting to really annoy me - I am aware of two players who have been booked for simulation this season and they were both ours. And one of them wasn’t simulation.

Players should be booked for clear-cut simulation every time. Can refs just please try not to be shit? 

Salah nearly creating the opening there by playing the correct pass twice.

Now he's gone off, I'd like to say Szobo is overrated and wouldn't get the hype if he wasn't playing for Liverpool. Maybe Eddie could have got more out of him, but he's been no big shakes so far.

Credit to Allison there for making himself big.