Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He's quality, he's behind Saliba and Van Dijk for me but not a million miles away 

They'll get the plaudits as they play for the big teams but Lewis Dunk has been brilliant for the past couple years. Completed the most passes in the PL in 2023. Pretty sure he'll be starting in the Euros, too. 

Youtube 'Dunk chest' to see some really intelligent defending. 

11 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Eh?

Hes clearly a level above them like

Chaos causer also

Obviously a bit all over the place finishing wise, similar to Bellamy when he was here… depends what you want I guess

Just now, tgarve said:

Chaos causer also

Obviously a bit all over the place finishing wise, similar to Bellamy when he was here… depends what you want I guess

I reckon they signed him to score 25 goals a season. There's no way you look at someone who scores for fun in another league and bring him in not to score loads of goals. Granted, he's got more about him.

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Chaos causer also

Strikers are supposed to score goals. He doesn't score many. Not this season anyways.

Nunez has some decent attributes but is a bad finisher and that’s what’s crucial for a striker. If he has one chance in a final etc, I wouldn’t back him to score. It’s like having a defender who’s bad at tackling or a goalkeeper that’s poor at catching, finishing for strikers is the most important thing and he’s not got it.

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Strikers are supposed to score goals. He doesn't score many. Not this season anyways.

His finishing has been poor but he gets the chances. xG of ~25 without penalties in ~2800 minutes in the PL. I already said it but he’ll be devastating if he gets more confident with his finishing and iirc his finishing at Benfica was really good.

Edited by Pata

37 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Nunez has some decent attributes but is a bad finisher and that’s what’s crucial for a striker. If he has one chance in a final etc, I wouldn’t back him to score. It’s like having a defender who’s bad at tackling or a goalkeeper that’s poor at catching, finishing for strikers is the most important thing and he’s not got it.

Unless it is against us. When he’s like a dead-eye Dick (… where the feck does that phrase even come from 🤷‍♂️)

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Liverpool managed that game very well without some key players. 

Yep. Keep getting told this is a poor/average Liverpool team. Not sure what these people are watching. Maybe not the most exciting version but highly efficient with plenty of goals in them alongside the best all round GK and CH in the league. Great combination.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Keep getting told this is a poor/average Liverpool team. Not sure what these people are watching. Maybe not the most exciting version but highly efficient with plenty of goals in them alongside the best all round GK and CH in the league. Great combination.

What struck me was the way in which, without some key players, the whole culture of the style that they play permeates through the fabric of the club. You look at their team today and think 'meh', but christ the whole ethos of the squad - from first team to bairns - is engineered towards playing in the same way.

Why we need to stick to the plan imo 

Decided to finally watch a Girona match to see what all the fuss is about, and they are seemingly having their worst match of the season :lol: 

Edit: and they equalize immediately.

Edit edit: and they go 2-1 up

Edited by Conjo

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Nice to see a throwback target man doing well in 2024. What a unit.

Totally agree, I think there'll always be room for that sort of player mind even though they get ever rarer. Centre backs won't be as used to dealing with sheer power and aggression so much.