Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

7 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

They had 2-3 long term injuries early in the season, TBF. A couple of season enders. 

But looking at their squad and the players they are picking. They look a lot stronger than some of the sides we have put out this season. 

I'm sure 1-2 of those were before the deadline ended in August and they were able to replace (Lenglet for Mings Zaniolo for Buendia)

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure 1-2 of those were before the deadline ended in August and they were able to replace (Lenglet for Mings Zaniolo for Buendia)

That's fair and my point about them having stronger squad depth compared to us still stands.  But Zaniolo looks like all fart and no shit whenever I've seen him.  Lenglet is a downgrade on Mings, based on Brummie's comments on here.  

They obviously have half-fit players like Ramsey and Torres, along with some decent ones missing.  But compared to some of the injuries Man U, Spurs and obviously ourselves have had to deal with this season.  It's hardly a crisis.

Nah looked just like that, just refreshing to see given the amount of all seaters flat packs down here. Had benches behind goal for the away end. 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Nah looked just like that, just refreshing to see given the amount of all seaters flat packs down here. Had benches behind goal for the away end. 

Yeah wasn't many seating arrangements behind the goal in those days so that was tidy. From the old footage I see that was the away end and the bit of concrete opposite the home end. Welcoming but odd.

Glad to hear it's still hanging on. 

Think a railway line goes under the main stand, right past it at least.

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think he's managing his minutes after his injury lay off rather than him being dropped 

He’s ruining fantasy football for me.

23 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The Premier League anthem is fucking shit, and totally uninspiring.

A entirely unnecessary.

Could just about see a relevance in the Champo league, but an 'anthem' before every game is tiresome 

WBA a goal up away at Ipswich.

From a not wanting Sunderland promoted POV, I wasn't sure what I wanted here - WBA winning would extend their lead on Sunderland and be not ideal from an actually getting into the playoff POV,  but I was kind of hoping that Ipswich finished top 2, and then if Sunderland did get in the playoffs, it would be very hard to potentially negotiate past both Leeds and Southampton. That said, Ipswich have only taken 8 points from their last 8 games before today (1 win, 5 draws), whereas in the same period, Southampton have won 7 and drawn 2 of their last 9, and went from 13 point behind, to 2 points clear, and realistically, it was always going to be very hard for Ipswich to sustain their form and compete against the 2 relegated sides, so probably want WBA to win.

Ipswich just missed a sitter to level there.