Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Leverkusen losing but Quarabag just got a red card. Bout 25 to go. 

Villa 2-0 against Ajax

Qarabag go 2 up. Bayer’s unbeaten record going up in flames and at home! 

Edited by Astroblack

Villa and West Ham absolutely twatting their opponents is a bit depressing in terms of the state of European football outside the Prem, so I'm glad Brighton got nowhere near a comeback. 

Europa League last eight looks pretty strong but Liverpool still the clear favourites. Villa should get to all the way to the medals display wearing just their slippers. 

That’s where the financial disparity is most stark. Below that elite level. 

I would assume Liverpool’s wage budget is 2x the size of the nearest non PL club remaining in the competition. West Ham would be top 4.  Villa would be #1 by a crazy distance too.  

10 hours ago, 54 said:

Given Liverpool have a bit of an injury crisis, have Man United away on Sunday

Sparta were more of a threat than we will be.

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Villa and West Ham absolutely twatting their opponents is a bit depressing in terms of the state of European football outside the Prem, so I'm glad Brighton got nowhere near a comeback. 

Europa League last eight looks pretty strong but Liverpool still the clear favourites. Villa should get to all the way to the medals display wearing just their slippers. 

Makes me a bit dissapointed and sad seeing Villa and West Ham doing well in Europe and we're not involved with any European footy at all right now. Would have felt less that way if we were actually doing well in the league and have a good chance of qualifying for any of the competition for next season. Yet, it does not look that way and we're about to get dismantled by the current European champions tomorrow.

Edited by nufcjb

I feel I say this every year, but looking at the teams in each of the European quarter finals, that Europa League is infinitely more interesting then the Champions League, and the Conference League probably is too tbh.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I feel I say this every year, but looking at the teams in each of the European quarter finals, that Europa League is infinitely more interesting then the Champions League, and the Conference League probably is too tbh.

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Man City

Arsenal

Bayern Munich

Dortmund

PSG

That's a fairly stellar lineup for the CL like. :lol:

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Man City

Arsenal

Bayern Munich

Dortmund

PSG

That's a fairly stellar lineup for the CL like. :lol:

It’s massively ahead of europa and conference league.