Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

13 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Signed a player on a free transfer. Give me a break. I think every team in Europe participated in ripping up the 95 Ajax team. 

Wenger got Toure from Beveren in Belgium, Clichy was academy iirc and Adebayor was 3 mil from Monaco. They spent reasonably. I remember when Jose Antonio Reyes was considered a massive signing for them. 

First year he won the league he spent more than anybody else.

A year later signed Henry and Davor Suker, a year after that Pires and Wiltord a year after that spent £30m - more than double what the team that finished behind them (Liverpool) did and they probably made a profit due to selling Fowler.

They established themselves the same way anybody else did, don't kid yourself.

How its okay for Wenger and others to break up what Monaco build but not okay for Man City to do that to Arsenal?

Because Campbell was free it was alright to take their local rivals captain the way they did?

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

Have no idea how people can prefer city to arsenal personally.

Watching MOTD this morning, the number of empty seats at the Etihad was atrocious…

But I just divvent like Arsenal, tbh not bothered who wins it. 

@brummie What's yours and other villa fans opinion on Zaniolo? Will you sign him permanently? 

He always looks pretty poor to me and always complaining about something

Thought he was a coup at the time for yous

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

Have no idea how people can prefer city to arsenal personally.

Would have said exactly the same right up until this season, but fair play to Arsenal, they've somehow made themselves even more unlikeable than Man City in my view.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

You can tell Neville doesn’t watch much football outside the games he’s covering. Relies on cliche and rhetoric for a decade ago.  

He recently said people who spend time watching football games are idiots. As opposed to Carragher who said after playing games for Liverpool would go home to watch the La Liga games. 

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

First year he won the league he spent more than anybody else.

A year later signed Henry and Davor Suker, a year after that Pires and Wiltord a year after that spent £30m - more than double what the team that finished behind them (Liverpool) did and they probably made a profit due to selling Fowler.

They established themselves the same way anybody else did, don't kid yourself.

How its okay for Wenger and others to break up what Monaco build but not okay for Man City to do that to Arsenal?

Because Campbell was free it was alright to take their local rivals captain the way they did?

Here's an idea, research your opinions before stating them as facts.

Nufc spent more arsenal in 97/98 amazingly both in terms of spend and net spend.

Edited by El Prontonise

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You can tell Neville doesn’t watch much football outside the games he’s covering. Relies on cliche and rhetoric for a decade ago.  

Don't forget about the Gary Neville podcast Sky Sports put up every weekend, where Neville covers all of the latest Premier League news, but somehow spends half the time talking about Man Utd. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Arsenal are not cut out to win the league like.

They should be losing this game but twice Villa have hit the woodwork

Makes me think that bit of luck is what will see them over the line

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

As a pundit he's naff now. His knowledge of clubs outside the usual big 6 is shocking for an apparently flagship pundit.

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Tielemans can really hit them sometimes

He's been really good today. Physical limitations were discussed at length in the summer but he's a lovely passer of a football.