Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, gbandit said:

Almost everything off the pitch is fucked and it’s coming onto the pitch more and more. The direction it’s going does make me wonder if I’ll still follow it in twenty years time 

I wouldn't follow it now if I was starting over.

Its the level of change at present and the level of greed and/or incompetence that figure-heads it. Its almost always change for the worse and unromantic.

I don't remember the game being in dire need of these or any sweeping changes 10years ago.

Hopefully Boro can get something tonight. I know they're season is effectively done but I'm quite surprised they are nearly 4/1 to win. They are unbeaten in 9, at home, and Leeds haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders recently.

It’s some going that Blackburn have a striker who’s had an unbelievably good season and they’re barely scraping out alive at the bottom of the table 

Leeds potentially not getting promoted could affect Boro next season. You'd expect all of Leicester, Leeds, and Southzmpton to be right up there next season if they were to miss out this year (even if LC have a points deduction), whereas Ipswich could finish 16th or 17th next season and not many would bat an eyelid, so probably mote beneficial for those hoping to get promoted next season to get Leeds out of the way here.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Leeds potentially not getting promoted could affect Boro next season. You'd expect all of Leicester, Leeds, and Southzmpton to be right up there next season if they were to miss out this year (even if LC have a points deduction), whereas Ipswich could finish 16th or 17th next season and not many would bat an eyelid, so probably mote beneficial for those hoping to get promoted next season to get Leeds out of the way here.

Haven't Ipswich got a bit of money behind them these days?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Haven't Ipswich got a bit of money behind them these days?

I don't think so. Think they did splash a bit in January to try and get over the line, but their budget won't be up there with the big hitters.

They have but nowt like the others. Proper riding the crest of a wave at the moment. Insane how well they’ve done this season. 

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

Almost everything off the pitch is fucked and it’s coming onto the pitch more and more. The direction it’s going does make me wonder if I’ll still follow it in twenty years